Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

hooooooooooooray

hooooooooooooray

Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:05 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute
Default hooooooooooooray

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4695890.stm
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: hooooooooooooray

I hope it doesnt go the same was as Sainsburys US adventures
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:12 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.....that would be brilliant.

They moved into Malaysia just as we left Singapore. However, most of the produce sold is local but they do bring in some British items.

Hope they come to New Jersey!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:18 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

I just read this. Fab news! West Coast to start - hope it takes off and makes it East!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

good news but would prefer it to be marks and sparks, lurrrrve their food
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

Bah, I spend 4 years eating Little Debbie cakes, crap bread and fatty bacon and now as I prepare to leave the US the cavalry finally decides to turn up
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:34 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how much English food they will actually stock? Especially if they are only going to be express stores.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:38 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get this bit: "The US grocery market is worth $600bn a year and is expected to expand by 40% over the next five years, according to Tesco."

- so is the US population going to grow by 40%? (perhaps they are referring to US waist sizes). I mean, I don't see why they expect US customers to spend 40% more money in grocery stores - especially as this country will be in a recession in 5 years .....
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dunroving
I don't get this bit: "The US grocery market is worth $600bn a year and is expected to expand by 40% over the next five years, according to Tesco."

- so is the US population going to grow by 40%? (perhaps they are referring to US waist sizes). I mean, I don't see why they expect US customers to spend 40% more money in grocery stores - especially as this country will be in a recession in 5 years .....
Their guts will expand by a further 40%. At the moment only 60% of Americans are considered Obese or severly overweight...hence the room for expansion.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TruBrit
good news but would prefer it to be marks and sparks, lurrrrve their food
istr that M&S owned the Kings chain in NJ - you used to be able to get St Michael tea and such like. However, like Sainsbury's with Shaws, they didn't seem to have a clue what they were doing and sold it.

Hope Tesco do better.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
I wonder how much English food they will actually stock? Especially if they are only going to be express stores.
Yeah, bugger all probably. Think they'll be catering for the majority eh ?

Annette
Old Feb 9th 2006, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lizzi
Bah, I spend 4 years eating Little Debbie cakes, crap bread and fatty bacon and now as I prepare to leave the US the cavalry finally decides to turn up
LOL! Same here! Still, as robskatie said, if they're only Express stores it's probably not too much to get excited about. Would be cool to see though.

My advice to Tesco would be to open in newly regenerated urban villages that need a good grocery store (I can think of plenty of Baltimore neighborhoods where they would be a big hit). If they just open suburban convenience stores I don't think people will perceive them as being any different to a 7-Eleven or Royal Farms.

What's all this about Sainsbury's? What state did they try to open in?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Always21

What's all this about Sainsbury's? What state did they try to open in?
I think they bought Shaw Supermarkets in 1987 who then sold them to Albertsons in 2004 so New England I think, Maine, Mass. etc
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

I've just peed my pants with excitement..
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by woodsey
I've just peed my pants with excitement..
Are these the new small ones?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.