Reload this Page >

Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Sounds like my MIL and FIL but replace the ciggies with a thermos full of tea.
mum would bring dad a mug of tea from sayers the cake shop when she got the paper
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

What I don't understand is if your life if so hunky dorey what are you doing on here?
My life couldn't be more hunkier or dorier.

If your life is so miserable what are you doing here, that's the big question. So far I haven't been able to find out. If I was you I'd be back living the perfect life in the UK and would have no interest in any expat forums.

Tell me if this forum is only for whiners and complainers.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surly
My life couldn't be more hunkier or dorier.

If your life is so miserable what are you doing here, that's the big question. So far I haven't been able to find out. If I was you I'd be back living the perfect life in the UK and would have no interest in any expat forums.

Tell me if this forum is only for whiners and complainers.
I haven't said my life is miserable. I have said there are things I miss about the UK but if I moved back there would be things I would miss about the US. FYI I am planning on spending my time between the US/UK/Canada.

You seem to take enjoyment in trying to rub folk up the wrong way...I'm not the first to mention it either.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't said my life is miserable. I have said there are things I miss about the UK but if I moved back there would be things I would miss about the US. FYI I am planning on spending my time between the US/UK/Canada.

You seem to take enjoyment in trying to rub folk up the wrong way...I'm not the first to mention it either.
Hi Jersey
Totally agree, no where is perfect. Yes we will always miss some of the good things, we left behind. We did not come from a poverty stricken 2nd or 3rd world country, we came from a very prosperous, happy and well rounded place "England" "UK".
Maybe Surly, gave him or herself the right name.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Some times speaking what's on ones mind does rub people the wrong way.
I think comments made by some go way beyond 'what I miss about the UK' into the insulting and offensive to "Yanks" in particular and the US in general.
Which is fine if that's what they feel, however I'll say it again if you don't like it here go back to the UK we all benefit.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:41 pm
Account Closed

lanky spoken here is an unknown quantity at this point

When coming back to USA from Blighty had to stop in Philly. at the airport they have Newky Brown Ale on draught at TGIF..boy it was good....at $ 5 a glass...not a pint. I have managed to merge the best of USA and the best of UK without the pitfalls, luckily
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

I think comments made by some go way beyond 'what I miss about the UK' into the insulting and offensive to "Yanks" in particular and the US in general.
Which is fine if that's what they feel, however I'll say it again if you don't like it here go back to the UK we all benefit.

Most people here love the American culture and mix it with their UK culture to create a good hybrid. Only thing I might add is BBC Online on telly and cricket 24/7
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

This is a forum for BRITISH expats. Obviously the ones that are really happy with their lives here are not wasting time on an internet forum...which makes we wonder why you bother posting.

You very rarely have anything constructive or pleasant to say.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by frrussre
Hi Jersey
Totally agree, no where is perfect. Yes we will always miss some of the good things, we left behind. We did not come from a poverty stricken 2nd or 3rd world country, we came from a very prosperous, happy and well rounded place "England" "UK".
Maybe Surly, gave him or herself the right name.

Reg. Frank R.
Ain't that the truth Frank. Karma sent.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:00 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southern comfort
Does "rural" mean out in the countryside like in the UK ? must be lovely then
To quote a cycling friend in middle Tennessee, it means "in the land where the people still have tails".
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:03 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

This is a forum for BRITISH expats. Obviously the ones that are really happy with their lives here are not wasting time on an internet forum...which makes we wonder why you bother posting.
Please miss I do

I think quite a few people here seem to generally like life here and not missing out on anything, come for the laughs etc and info etc
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dunroving
To quote a cycling friend in middle Tennessee, it means "in the land where the people still have tails".

LOLOLOLOLOL reminds me of the old joke about the country....Meet my Wife and Sister, and there was just the one woman standing there

Feel like a Wurzels song coming along

Last edited by lanky spoken here; Aug 14th 2007 at 8:06 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lanky spoken here
LOLOLOLOLOL reminds me of the old joke about the country....Meet my Wife and Sister, and there was just the one woman standing there
Good one.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
Please miss I do

I think quite a few people here seem to generally like life here and not missing out on anything, come for the laughs etc and info etc
He doesn't seem to want to share a laugh etc...he seems to like unpleasantries.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lanky spoken here

Its so depressing to wake up to grey skies, council tax bills and having to make a choice whether to eat or pay bills, as I used to do in Lancashire.
Gosh I'd love to be paying my old Council Tax instead of the Property Tax here - maybe it's lower where you are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.