Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Homeschooling

Homeschooling

Old May 12th 2005, 12:27 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homeschooling

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
Oh, but I was very young and innocent

I know better now...
It just lead you up to the classics
Old May 12th 2005, 12:34 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
It just lead you up to the classics
Do you mean the Decameron or les oevres d'un certain marquis tres fameux?

(I really ought to be cooking tea/dinner/supper/WEYWTCI - but I can't be @r$ed... )
Old May 12th 2005, 12:48 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean the Decameron or les oevres d'un certain marquis tres fameux?

(I really ought to be cooking tea/dinner/supper/WEYWTCI - but I can't be @r$ed... )
From Cats to Don Giovanni. Impressive.
Old May 12th 2005, 12:50 am
Just Joined

dclay is an unknown quantity at this point

This was my first post on the subject - The ONLY mistake I made was responding to an old post...saw that a little too late. In NO way was I rude. It was the following remarks from you that started this downwards slide...

***First of all - the UK has many homeschoolers and quite a few support groups to boot. There is lots of information on the internet and if you are truely interested in learning more about this subject I would be happy to direct you.

There are many ways to educate and no one way is perfect, right or wrong. I could list as many weaknesses with the public school system.

As you may gather - my children are homeschooled. My husband and I believe in equal rights (find sexist thoughts on women offensive)... Consider ourselves open minded and work on being non-judgemental. We want our kids to experience all healthy things in life. They have traveled the world twice..lived in a few different countries, visited many and are very socially skilled as well as very kind and considerate. They are also involved in all sorts of activities...ballet..karate..art..swimning..etc..

There are as many reasons to homeschool as there are homeschoolers...If your interested I can offer you many websites to visit. I too, thought it was a strange concept..when I first heard of it..be open and learn as much as you can.

D****

Originally Posted by rincewind
Bye for good or will you be back for one last jibe?

Thanks for reading only a "few" of my posts. Must have given you a real insight into who I am. I'm only rude to the one's that deserve it and you my dear, fit right into that category.

You do have an opinion and because it's a different one you feel it necessary to post comments that don't actually say anything worth while and then you run away like a true coward.

At least izibear spent some time on her posts.

And if you really don't care about my opinion, why bother posting?
Old May 12th 2005, 1:06 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, yes, Carmen! Have you seen this: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...28954?v=glance

NB: what's the other one you can 'stand'?
bit pricey..and looks cheesy...it actually any good?
And the other one...madam butterfly...
Old May 12th 2005, 1:08 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well you opera buffs, time for your own thread, this isn't going anywhere and for sake of sanity, i'm locking it.