Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Homeland Security tracks travelers' meals

Homeland Security tracks travelers' meals

Old Dec 1st 2006, 2:44 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Homeland Security tracks travelers' meals

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/11/30....ap/index.html

Without notifying the public, federal agents have assigned millions of international travelers, including Americans, computer-generated scores rating the risk they pose of being terrorists or criminals.

The travelers are not allowed to see or directly challenge these risk assessments. The government intends to keep the scores on file for 40 years.

The scores are assigned to people entering and leaving the United States after computers assess their travel records, including where they are from, how they paid for tickets, their motor vehicle records, past one-way travel, seating preference and what kind of meal they ordered.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:07 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homeland Security tracks travelers' meals

A couple of weeks ago, didn't you say you weren't going to post any more of these kinds of threads, after people got sick of them?...

Maybe I'll order kosher from now on.

Actually, I did recently sit next to a wonderful chap on my return from the UK. Nice expat. Spanish by birth, lives in Iowa with his US-born family. He's a professor. We shared my iPod and listened to the LOTR soundtrack at a nice high volume during the flight. Anyway, he always orders the vegetarian meal, but he's not vegetarian. He gets it because you get served first.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:24 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Homeland Security tracks travelers' meals

Originally Posted by Maz
A couple of weeks ago, didn't you say you weren't going to post any more of these kinds of threads, after people got sick of them?...

Maybe I'll order kosher from now on.

Actually, I did recently sit next to a wonderful chap on my return from the UK. Nice expat. Spanish by birth, lives in Iowa with his US-born family. He's a professor. We shared my iPod and listened to the LOTR soundtrack at a nice high volume during the flight. Anyway, he always orders the vegetarian meal, but he's not vegetarian. He gets it because you get served first.
People did'nt get sick of them, just some sicko's got annoyed with them
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:27 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/11/30....ap/index.html

Without notifying the public, federal agents have assigned millions of international travelers, including Americans, computer-generated scores rating the risk they pose of being terrorists or criminals.

The travelers are not allowed to see or directly challenge these risk assessments. The government intends to keep the scores on file for 40 years.

The scores are assigned to people entering and leaving the United States after computers assess their travel records, including where they are from, how they paid for tickets, their motor vehicle records, past one-way travel, seating preference and what kind of meal they ordered.
Very interesting article, who'd have thought that huh?...Thanks for letting us know. Have a pleasant day.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:29 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
People did'nt get sick of them, just some sicko's got annoyed with them
Surely not!! I'm sorry to hear that. have a nice day.