British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Home swap or Hospitality. Help! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/home-swap-hospitality-help-504046/)

sillygirl Jan 6th 2008 6:20 pm

Home swap or Hospitality. Help!

Hi ,I live in lovely Newquay, Cornwall in the UK, and also have a home in Spain, near Cadiz . I would love to visit the Gulf Coast. pref Clearwater/ St Petes, I am a single 53 yr old traveller and as its Peak Season there Im finding it hard to find accommodation within my Budget, can anyone help please?

Ray Jan 6th 2008 7:35 pm

Re: Home swap or Hospitality. Help!

Originally Posted by sillygirl (Post 5748206)
Hi ,I live in lovely Newquay, Cornwall in the UK, and also have a home in Spain, near Cadiz . I would love to visit the Gulf Coast. pref Clearwater/ St Petes, I am a single 53 yr old traveller and as its Peak Season there Im finding it hard to find accommodation within my Budget, can anyone help please?

You can have our master bed and bath just 30miles north of Clearwater ...
how much you do wanna spend ...

NC Penguin Jan 6th 2008 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 5748521)
You can have our master bed and bath just 30miles north of Clearwater ...
how much you do wanna spend ...

Is the OP a smoker though?

Ray Jan 6th 2008 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by NC Penguin (Post 5748751)
Is the OP a smoker though?

Good point ..dont want one of those anti smoke nutters

Silly Sod Jan 6th 2008 10:50 pm

Ever thought of visiting south west michigan? We have a lovely little des res, somewhere between Dee-troit and Chicago and just a short walk from the local food bank. Or take a trip up onto 'the ave' as it is fondly known to locals, where you can get all the crack and hookers you could ever need. !000mil Vicadins at 2 bucks a pop and a liquor store on every corner.

Anyway, we would be loathe to give it all up to live in Cornwall but drop us a line and perhaps we can work something out. Peace! :)

dbj1000 Jan 6th 2008 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Silly Sod (Post 5749349)
...somewhere between Dee-troit and Chicago...

"Somewhere"? Have you mislaid your home? Does it commute between those two lovely cities? I've got it! It's a cardboard box! :D

sillygirl Jan 7th 2008 9:33 pm

Oh Dear that was a mistake! posting on this thread! my main home is in the UK. I have a holiday Villa in Spain, I guess I didnt make that clear. sorry I dont do Crack or cardboard boxes!

Ray Jan 7th 2008 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by sillygirl (Post 5754448)
Oh Dear that was a mistake! posting on this thread! my main home is in the UK. I have a holiday Villa in Spain, I guess I didnt make that clear. sorry I dont do Crack or cardboard boxes!

My offer was genuine if your not an anti spoker
or I can find you a rental home for 500 pound a week ..