British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Home Constituency (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/home-constituency-301133/)

Suess May 6th 2005 12:36 am

Home Constituency

Hi,

Just been checking out the election on the good old Beeb.

Labour won my old constituency of Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath with a 43.6 % majority. Not bad. Our man is Gordon Brown so nobody else had a chance.

Will he be the next PM after Tony?

What's happening in your old constituency?

OK, going back for another look.

Sue :rolleyes:

CitySimon May 6th 2005 1:02 am

Re: Home Constituency

Ribble South.

They are still counting. We are always among the last to get the numbers right (Maths isn't our strong point). :)

It was won by Labour last time out with about a 6% majority. We are on the Conservative list of targets (about number 55).

Honestly, I have not got a clue who my MP is/was. I'll have to wait and see. :)

Bob May 6th 2005 1:05 am

expecting a change...but the votes haven't come through for it yet....but having said that, where I was registered to vote was somewhere else, where, to be honest, couldn't give a monkies about, rich ponces :D

tony_2003 May 6th 2005 1:29 am

Edinburgh South West
Its Tory target no 152 apparently.
Bit of a worry this one. It's a fairly mixed area, but predominantly middle class and leafy suburbs so could be a Conservative gain judging by the opinion polls.

RoB1833 May 6th 2005 1:35 am

Denton and Reddish - Labour hold but lost about 8% from last time.

Big shock is that Labour just lost Manchester Withington.... would not have expected that!

doctor scrumpy May 6th 2005 2:06 am

Warrington North Labour hold but 4.4 % swing to the Tories. Serves em right for not sending me my bloody vote.

Bob May 6th 2005 3:04 am

Who'd have thought, labour kept Oxford East...bit of a surprise....didn't catch the other parts of Oxford....

CitySimon May 6th 2005 3:07 am

Ribble South still hasn't finished counting. Don't they know I'm waiting up to hear the result... Selfish buggers! :mad: :)

Guarantee that we'll be last in the country!

dgsyd1 May 6th 2005 3:10 am

Not finished counting in my local seat (Christchurch), but as it's a safe Tory seat i'm not going to worry about it. I'm just going to emjoy watching the BBC's coverage on their website, and seeing Jeremy Paxman ripping MP's to shreds. God, i'd love to see him go one on one with Dubya!

CitySimon May 6th 2005 3:33 am

Game over. Labour Victory.

Did you all back the right horse?

(Still waiting on Ribble South though) :rolleyes:

anotherlimey May 6th 2005 3:34 am

Mid Sussex

Conservative, again.... but it is Nicholas Soames.

woodsey May 6th 2005 3:56 am

Colne Valley Labour hold, 3.4% swing to the tories, the MP there was signing on at the dole office where I used to work in Huddersfield when she got elected at the last general election so we had all the press there when she came in to sign off, anybody would have thought she was the Queen..

It actually makes me quite homesick not being able to watch it on T.V, I remember watching it when Blair got voted in the first time, we dragged the mattress downstairs so we could lie in bed and watch it, it was worth staying up all night to see Portillo's face when he lost his seat..

Webbie May 6th 2005 3:56 am

(Gorgeous) George Galloway and Paxman.

'ave it.

Bob May 6th 2005 4:03 am

Originally Posted by CitySimon
Game over. Labour Victory.

Did you all back the right horse?

(Still waiting on Ribble South though) :rolleyes:

Obvious they would win it...bit surprised by how many seats they lossing though..

Bob May 6th 2005 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Webbie
(Gorgeous) George Galloway and Paxman.

'ave it.

What about Kilroy Silk though, he get in? :D