Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Holy Mass....We're off...

Holy Mass....We're off...

Old May 24th 2006, 9:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holy Mass....We're off...

Originally Posted by User Name
GCHQ want to talk to you ... btw, shouldn't this thread be moved to the TP?
probably should, but I want to know more about MA...because all I know about Natick, it's about 25 miles northwest of Boston, it's a tad pricey and there are loads of private schools in the area...so the missus is happy, won't need to be certified if she blagged a job with one
Old May 24th 2006, 9:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
Is this your way of saying you gotta job now?
somin' like that...
Old May 24th 2006, 10:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by clydegirl
That's great news Bob so have you got a job?
Well the bloke on the phone didn't formally say I've a job, but did say he wanted to meet face to face to discuss relocation package, start dates and other benefits package....and to meet his wife who is the company lawyer, who dealt with other peoples relocations, so knows places and people to get in contact with.

It's the place that I interviewed in Natick a bit back when I was fourth choice for 4 positions that became 3 positions....apparently they have just gotten a large franchise deal and are building up a new art team of 10-15 people and I was the first person he contacted before advertising to see if I was available and still wanted to work there
Old May 24th 2006, 10:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Yeah, no more small town excuses lol. You could work for the Kennedys
Old May 24th 2006, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news Bob, hope it all works out well
Old May 24th 2006, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob
Well the bloke on the phone didn't formally say I've a job, but did say he wanted to meet face to face to discuss relocation package, start dates and other benefits package....and to meet his wife who is the company lawyer, who dealt with other peoples relocations, so knows places and people to get in contact with.

It's the place that I interviewed in Natick a bit back when I was fourth choice for 4 positions that became 3 positions....apparently they have just gotten a large franchise deal and are building up a new art team of 10-15 people and I was the first person he contacted before advertising to see if I was available and still wanted to work there
Fantastic news Bob...hope you're having many beers tonight.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:42 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Good for you Bob, great news!
Old May 25th 2006, 12:10 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Lottie
Fantastic news Bob...hope you're having many beers tonight.
that's the plan
Old May 25th 2006, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Massachusetts, Bob. Hope the job is as good as they said it would be. Housing prices are a bit over the top, no matter where you look in MA, but the closer to Boston the worse they are.
Old May 25th 2006, 5:48 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you Bob
Old May 25th 2006, 9:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by joto
Welcome to Massachusetts, Bob. Hope the job is as good as they said it would be. Housing prices are a bit over the top, no matter where you look in MA, but the closer to Boston the worse they are.
yeah, I heard things weren't cheap in that neck of the woods *lol*...don't sound cheap out where the place is either, Wayland exact, but I've already figured we can't really afford living in any of the W's in the place, so looking just out in the next towns in natick and the like...been told to avoid framingham though...so any other suggestions?
Old May 25th 2006, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

It's a great place to give up smoking ! ...... You can't afford them anymore
Old May 25th 2006, 11:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
It's a great place to give up smoking ! ...... You can't afford them anymore
yeah, not a cheap state, but then taxes in maine are surprisingly high too...so hmmm....more money in it though
Old May 26th 2006, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
yeah, not a cheap state, but then taxes in maine are surprisingly high too...so hmmm....more money in it though

Oh well ............. Carry on smoking

I but mine as I pass through NH 3 or 4 times a week.
Old May 26th 2006, 7:50 am
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond repute

So ya gonna be leaving me the only one who lives in Maine Bob?
Now I am depressed, who else is gonna write about there being nothing here besides trees, moose and snow?

Seriously, congrats on the move, and I am sure you will get the job.

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.