Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Holidaying Back in the UK ~ Anxious?

Wikiposts

Holidaying Back in the UK ~ Anxious?

Old May 31st 2006, 3:21 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holidaying Back in the UK ~ Anxious?

I'm well gutted I'm not going back this year. I was hoping we would be flying back on Monday for 3 weeks, with the husband coming back for a shorter time. Work put a stop to that, with him having to work 7 days a week at the mo, a break for even a week was out of the question. So guess what? None of us were allowed to go back. If he couldn't go, we couldn't go...bugger. I'm really disappointed, as the whole purpose of the trip was an English vacation, rather than visiting rellies (although a few days would be doing that) I had it all planned out, a couple of days in Crawley with my bro, then a week in the cotswolds and a visit to the in laws, followed by a week in Devon. Finishing the time off with a couple of days in London.
I'm faced with the next 3 weeks thinking, oh today we would've been doing this, or going here....
Old May 31st 2006, 3:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
I'm well gutted I'm not going back this year. I was hoping we would be flying back on Monday for 3 weeks, with the husband coming back for a shorter time. Work put a stop to that, with him having to work 7 days a week at the mo, a break for even a week was out of the question. So guess what? None of us were allowed to go back. If he couldn't go, we couldn't go...bugger. I'm really disappointed, as the whole purpose of the trip was an English vacation, rather than visiting rellies (although a few days would be doing that) I had it all planned out, a couple of days in Crawley with my bro, then a week in the cotswolds and a visit to the in laws, followed by a week in Devon. Finishing the time off with a couple of days in London.
I'm faced with the next 3 weeks thinking, oh today we would've been doing this, or going here....

Just think, rain, cold, damp....that should help cheer you up a bit.
Old May 31st 2006, 3:28 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

OMG - are you saying your DH is forbidding you to go???
Old May 31st 2006, 3:36 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Just think, rain, cold, damp....that should help cheer you up a bit.
nahhh that's part of the fun...i'm tired of the bl**dy sunshine...
Old May 31st 2006, 3:39 am
Account Closed

ahh shame can't you toodle off on your own..that's what i do and for me it's not visiting the rellies it's just catching up with friends
Old May 31st 2006, 3:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit

Good morning sunshine.
Old May 31st 2006, 3:42 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

It rained every day I was there last week. Lovely.
Old May 31st 2006, 3:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Good morning sunshine.
it's lovely here today, cloudy and rainy with no sun in sight...time to go mall shopping
Old May 31st 2006, 3:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

it's lovely here today, cloudy and rainy with no sun in sight...time to go mall shopping
Pool for me this afternoon.
Old May 31st 2006, 3:46 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
OMG - are you saying your DH is forbidding you to go???
Yup, his exact words were "you're not going without me"

He sees it as selfish for me to take the kids back and have a bit of a holiday whilst he stays and does all the work. What he doesn't see is how selfish it is to make us stay because of something which is out of our hands. I'm feeling tied to the house enough as it is FFS, without this to deal with.
Old May 31st 2006, 3:48 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

He sees it as selfish for me to take the kids back and have a bit of a holiday whilst he stays and does all the work. What he doesn't see is how selfish it is to make us stay because of something which is out of our hands. I'm feeling tied to the house enough as it is FFS, without this to deal with.
I think your hubby is being a bit mean, my hubby wouldn't dare say that to me, then again, he knows I wouldn't listen anyway!
Homebody

That's what I was thinking - after all you've been through these past years!

If it were me I'd just go... (Your mileage may vary of course... )
Account Closed

omg poor you...i couldn't/wouldn't live like that...shame for the kids..thought OH would enjoy some quite time with you all gone.
SUPER MODERATOR

Wow.......I'd tell him to p*ss off.
Homebody

Originally Posted by Partystar
I think your hubby is being a bit mean, my hubby wouldn't dare say that to me, then again, he knows I wouldn't listen anyway!
snap!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.