Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Holiday to the US, criminal conviction

Holiday to the US, criminal conviction

Old Jul 31st 2005, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

curson82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Holiday to the US, criminal conviction

My family are going to the US in November for a 2 week holiday and were wondering if my girlfriend needed to arrange a Visa. She was convicted of Assault occasioning Actual Bodily Harm, it was in Jan 2004, she received a fine and community service. How serious is this and would she need to apply for a Visa?

Cheers
Old Jul 31st 2005, 7:24 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday to the US, criminal conviction

Originally Posted by curson82
My family are going to the US in November for a 2 week holiday and were wondering if my girlfriend needed to arrange a Visa. She was convicted of Assault occasioning Actual Bodily Harm, it was in Jan 2004, she received a fine and community service. How serious is this and would she need to apply for a Visa?

Cheers
Serious? I imagine it was pretty serious for her victim!
Old Jul 31st 2005, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers
your screwed ... and isn't that part of the punishment
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Your all set, your girlfriend on the other hand might not be able to come...probably need's a visa...but best bet would be to ask in the visa section of the forum...
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:15 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

How is she going to answer Question B?

Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

My family are going to the US in November for a 2 week holiday and were wondering if my girlfriend needed to arrange a Visa. She was convicted of Assault occasioning Actual Bodily Harm, it was in Jan 2004, she received a fine and community service. How serious is this and would she need to apply for a Visa?Cheers
She will need B-2 visa..start the application ASAP with the Embassy...
The offence may well be considered a CIMT.... = to felony battery..
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fatbrit
How is she going to answer Question B?

Hopefully a No to parts of A too !
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
She will need B-2 visa..start the application ASAP with the Embassy...
The offence may well be considered a CIMT.... = to felony battery..
Agree 100%. I know somebody who had to get a b-2 because she was convicted of shoplifting over 10 years ago. A conviction is a conviction, no matter what it is for and having one means you can't use the visa waiver.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:51 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Agree 100%. I know somebody who had to get a b-2 because she was convicted of shoplifting over 10 years ago. A conviction is a conviction, no matter what it is for and having one means you can't use the visa waiver.

Not exactly what Question B says.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Not exactly what Question B says.
True, but it's what the US embassy in London told my friend.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 3:17 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
True, but it's what the US embassy in London told my friend.
Misinformation!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are coming for a holiday and have no intent of ever living here, tick no to box B and you'll have no trouble, and she won't need a visa. If there is a chance she might move here permanently later in life, go and try to get a visa.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:54 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
If you are coming for a holiday and have no intent of ever living here, tick no to box B and you'll have no trouble, and she won't need a visa. If there is a chance she might move here permanently later in life, go and try to get a visa.
I cannot endorse that advice.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:06 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I cannot endorse that advice.
And I cannot criticise your lack of endorsement.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:14 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by Wintersong
And I cannot criticise your lack of endorsement.
I second your lack of critisism of his lack of endorsement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.