Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Holiday to the US, criminal conviction

Originally Posted by ImHere
Evening

Evening
Has the General been on today ?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:59 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Evening
Has the General been on today ?
BOO....
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 5:00 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by evoal2003
BOO....
YA KA SHA ?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 5:06 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
YA KA SHA ?

Won't be long now hey, you better get the house clean
and get used to picking your clothes up again.

mmmm think of the curries she'll be smuggling back through.....
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

RIDD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by curson82
My family are going to the US in November for a 2 week holiday and were wondering if my girlfriend needed to arrange a Visa. She was convicted of Assault occasioning Actual Bodily Harm, it was in Jan 2004, she received a fine and community service. How serious is this and would she need to apply for a Visa?

Cheers
Hi Mate

I would love to here how you are getting on with this, I have the same problem as I am wanting to go in January and have the same conviction from 1994 but am told I have to apply for this Visa and it might take ages - its a nightmare really but my own fault I realise, feel free to PM me if you want.

I dont really want to try and wing it and tick the no box cos if you get busted it will be straight back home I suspect and never allowed in again :scared:

Good Luck
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 4:44 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
If you are coming for a holiday and have no intent of ever living here, tick no to box B and you'll have no trouble, and she won't need a visa. If there is a chance she might move here permanently later in life, go and try to get a visa.
That's a very retarded suggestion, not to mention careless.

The VWP is ONLY for visiting purposes, anyway -- by default it is for people who "have no intent of living here". Notice that there is no question asking, "Do you ever intend to live in the US permanently, either now or in the future?" Instead, you'll see it clearly states that the VWP only authorizes visits of 90 days or fewer. It also says that if you can answer "yes" to
any of the questions that they need to contact the US Embassy before their trip as they may not be admitted under the VWP.

What is so hard to understand about that?

~ Jenney
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
That's a very retarded suggestion, not to mention careless.

The VWP is ONLY for visiting purposes, anyway -- by default it is for people who "have no intent of living here". Notice that there is no question asking, "Do you ever intend to live in the US permanently, either now or in the future?" Instead, you'll see it clearly states that the VWP only authorizes visits of 90 days or fewer. It also says that if you can answer "yes" to
any of the questions that they need to contact the US Embassy before their trip as they may not be admitted under the VWP.

What is so hard to understand about that?

~ Jenney
I don't think it's retarded. It is inadvertently done my many people each year, who have no idea what a CIMT is. From what I've read, ABH appears to be a CIMT, but if you didnt read here, would you know?

Now I know the poster has read it here, but the fact remains, you would be fine. So while everyone is right not endorsing, or to not criticise the non endorsement of that advice or even seconding it, it's not likely that you will be stopped at entry.