Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Holiday Portrait Places?

Holiday Portrait Places?

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Holiday Portrait Places?

So anyone getting holiday portrait photo's done?

Where abouts?

I tried Target a bit back as we had a good coupon and they were really good, so just got a few done for the holidays and it'll be a week before we get them which is good timing.

Nice and laid back, nice people and good price so I'd recommend them.

We did JC Pennys last year, which was good with a coupon, but it was a bit more uptight and not as laid back, definitely felt like they were trying to run you out the door as soon as possible because they'd over booked kind of feel...and personally, our local one is a oven, even in the summer it's sack meltingly hot in there
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday Portrait Places?

Originally Posted by Bob

Where abouts?

I tried Target a bit back as we had a good coupon and they were really good, so just got a few done for the holidays and it'll be a week before we get them which is good timing.

We did JC Pennys last year, which was good with a coupon, but it was a bit more uptight and not as laid back, definitely felt like they were trying to run you out the door as soon as possible because they'd over booked kind of feel...and personally, our local one is a oven, even in the summer it's sack meltingly hot in there
we've never done the holiday portrait thing, but with the kids growing up so fast I'm tempted this year...thanks for the recommendation :-)
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Where abouts?

We did JC Pennys one year, haven't done a family one for so long, but with our Son coming home for Chritstmas, that could be a great idea!

Thanx for the reminder, Target sounds like a good idea too, and since ours would have to be done after Christmas (Son gets here on 29th Dec) it may not be so hectic
Old Nov 4th 2009, 1:42 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

I always do my own on the front step.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 1:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We used a local photography shop up the street from us last year because we had one done with the grandparents, all the kids and grandkids (from all over the US and Canada). Used him also another year for Christmas cards when we only had the one grandchild.

Have also used Walmart and Target in the past and Sears.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Geordiewife will become famous soon enough

We were just discussing professional photos too. I think I would prefer to hire a photographer who could come to the house or meet in a park (we live in Las Vegas so weather is still nice here!) than to go to a shop. Especially since most the family is in UK so we would rather just buy the CD than actual prints! I will update once we decide what to do.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordiewife
We were just discussing professional photos too. I think I would prefer to hire a photographer who could come to the house or meet in a park (we live in Las Vegas so weather is still nice here!) than to go to a shop. Especially since most the family is in UK so we would rather just buy the CD than actual prints! I will update once we decide what to do.
It really depends on what you want to spend, to have someone come out to your home or a park it will likely cost you at least a couple of hundred by the time you have a photo shoot and pay for pictures. In the past I have used both Jc Penny and Walmart and had really good pictures done at both. With a coupon it will usually cost you under $10 (for shoot and pictures) and you can have a really cute festive background. Should also add you get lots of pictures in various sizes but they are all the same. You can get different pictures at an extra cost but all we use them for is to change out what we have hanging on the wall and to send in Christmas cards to I only need one pose.