Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Holiday before I start a new Job!

Holiday before I start a new Job!

Old Jul 15th 2006, 11:37 am
Senior Junior Member

Scott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond reputeScott Mumford has a reputation beyond repute
Default Holiday before I start a new Job!

I got a new job! In St Augustine Florida as the Director of IT for a small company ( 70 people and growing) So before I start this new job I want to take some time and go to the beach.

I was heading for Treasure Island FL. I told my cousin I would stop in Lakeland on the way over and check out his house because no one has been there in several months. (He rents it out.) So I get there and turn everything on and turn the AC to 74 Degrees. Then I decide to set off a couple of bug bombs because I see an ant on the counter top. Then I head out for dinner….. Well I get to the end of the street and my ABS warning comes on. So I turn around and just as I get back to the house I loose my brakes completely.

Now I have a smelly bug bombed house, No brakes, No dinner, and I find out the AC is not working in the house.

The house!

The new ABS pump on Monday Morning

The BAD ABS pump

The repair man came on Sunday to fix the AC in the house.
I never made it to Treasure Island :-(

But it could have been worse!

Scott
Old Jul 15th 2006, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday before I start a new Job!

Congrats on the new job!
Old Jul 15th 2006, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday before I start a new Job!

Congrats from me too - hope yer still alive without the AC - when I was staying with the sister-in-law down in St Austine that bloody thing was a lifeline