Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hiya, thought i'd join up now i am an expat!

Hiya, thought i'd join up now i am an expat!

Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:02 pm
Essex boy in Texas

Thackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really nice
Default Re: Hiya, thought i'd join up now i am an expat!

hahaha.
I might go to the dmv today, get one thing out of the way.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Thackattack
hahaha.
Hope you have more success them me. In MD according to the website you have to get a license within 2 months, and if you are showing immigration papers as ID you have to make an appointment to go in to the MVA. I called up and the recorded message said that appointments are taken until 17th April after which you will be able to just walk in as anyone else can. It also said that from 1st March there would be limited places available to walk in. So I called them up on the 3rd to get a feel for how many places and how early I should get there. The woman just told me to not even bother. Apparantly there are 50 people outside at 4am and there are only 5 places available. I asked what should I do as I have now been here over 2 months and she said that I am fine for a year and to come in after the 17th April.

I imagine it is still going to be a bit mad then so will probably go in May. I am on my girlfriends insurance and they never gave any impression it was a problem to not have a US licence - but we do pay more because of it.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:26 pm
Essex boy in Texas

Thackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really nice

sounds like a bit of a nightmare for you, sorry to hear it. It diodnt cost anymore for me to be put on the insurance here.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:45 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like a bit of a nightmare for you, sorry to hear it. It diodnt cost anymore for me to be put on the insurance here.

Who's your insurer?!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:46 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha.
You have 30 days to get a Texas licence from the time you were added to your driving insurance policy or else you may not be covered or the coverage may not renew.