Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hitch - close to worst movie of the year

Hitch - close to worst movie of the year

Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:11 am
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold
Default Hitch - close to worst movie of the year

My wife dragged me along saying it's getting rave reviews.

What a crock of diddly. The only semi-funny scenes were the ones in the trailers. I counted out audience laughed a total of 7 times, 4 of which I didn't think funny.

Don't go, dont wait for the DVD and don't do the pay-4-view. It might have been the no.1. this weekend but I'm guessing others were duped like me. I think it will be number 20 next weekend.

I nearly managed to persuade my wife to walk out half way but she convinced me that it must get better. My wife apologised because it didn't Bless her.

The good news is that now my wife says she owe's me An "F" from both of us.

Am I on my own here ?
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:52 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hitch - close to worst movie of the year

Originally Posted by franc111s

Am I on my own here ?
No, that would be a wank, for a **** someone else really has to be in the room at the very least, its one of the rules!

My advice is to keep quiet about movie reviews, I dogged Starsky and Hutch as it is one of the most God awful piles of shit ever put to celuloid. I even wrote to Miramax and asked for 2 hours of my life back. The problems is that movies are subjective and there are people, with low mental capacity, who thought it was the funniest movie ever. There will be some one on here who thinks hitch is great, there may even be people on here that didn't like Sideways. The only excuse can be bad breeding

Patrick

Last edited by Patrick; Feb 14th 2005 at 3:00 am.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

What a crock of diddly. The only semi-funny scenes were the ones in the trailers. I counted out audience laughed a total of 7 times, 4 of which I didn't think funny.

Don't go, dont wait for the DVD and don't do the pay-4-view. It might have been the no.1. this weekend but I'm guessing others were duped like me. I think it will be number 20 next weekend.

I nearly managed to persuade my wife to walk out half way but she convinced me that it must get better. My wife apologised because it didn't Bless her.

Am I on my own here ?

I thought it wasn't that bad. It's the best movie I've seen this year.... oh wait, it's the only movie I've seen this year.

-tom
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:42 pm

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Heck, I didn't post this thread to get agreement from everyone. Thoughtful discussion is healthful.

I can't believe another limey thought it wasn't bad though
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:49 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of sideways..Now my husband and I can't buy a bottle of Merlot without feeling like uneducated oiks! Fantastic film, has me hovering in the Pinot Noir section whenever we go to the shop.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

You want to give BoogeyMan a try - total shite. One or 2 jumpy moments in between a pointless plot (if indedd it even is a plot), and intensely boring
Old Feb 14th 2005, 4:10 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Am I on my own here ?
If this is the worst film of the year and it's only February, this could mean one of two things:

You must be living on the lunar calendar
or
you're not going to watch any films for the rest of 2005

So, which is it?

NC Penguin
Old Feb 14th 2005, 4:32 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Mine wants to see it as well, because she likes Will Smith and because she saw the jet ski scene being filmed outside her office (she works in lower Manhattan). Until I read your review I was tempted to go along, but not any more. And the mrs still owes me for making me sit through Ocean's 12, which I thought was insultingly bad.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 6:03 pm

I thought you were all Brits

What I meant by "Worst movie of the year" was a Jupiter year, surely that was obvious. That means it was close to the worst movie in the last 11.86 Earth Years.

Sorry - just Brit Wit.

Elfman, Wil Smith is a great actor and I think that's what makes this film worse because to see him with such a poor story line, mostly terrible scenes and poor direction and very poor actors/esses made even his own performance below average. I expected so much more.

The best actor was definately the "fat" guy - very funny demeanor.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

I went to see the The Wedding Date on friday with my friend. I cant say I would recommend it. The biggest highlight was my friend fell asleep half way through and snored her head off.

I wouldnt go to see Hitch though as the trailers annoy me, looks like loads of over acting.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
I went to see the The Wedding Date on friday with my friend. I cant say I would recommend it. The biggest highlight was my friend fell asleep half way through and snored her head off.

I wouldnt go to see Hitch though as the trailers annoy me, looks like loads of over acting.

I loved hitch.. and the audience where I was laughed LOTS ... good valentines movie
Old Feb 14th 2005, 8:51 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Hitch - close to worst movie of the year

There aren't any decent films on at the moment. However, if "Bride and Prejudice" (opened last Friday on limited release) opens up in our neighbourhood in the next couple of weeks or so Ill definitely go and see it...the director is the British Indian guy, Gurinder Chadha who made "Bend it Like Beckham".

His latest film is loosely based on Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice' but this version is a Bollywood-type production with lots of music, dancing and colourful costumes...I guess the storyline adaptation is going to be rather cheesy but it might be fun....and that beautiful former Miss World (Aishwarya Rai - who is the Indian verson of Julia Roberts) is in it. I *love* Bollywood type movies, they're a great laugh!

To see trailers etc. go to:

http://www.miramax.com/bride/

I've just discovered an old "Picture Palace" in Jersey City, just across the Hudson from NYC...it's operated by enthusiasts who are renovating it and next month they have a weekend of shows including 'Casablanca', 'Rocky', 'Ben Hur' and 'Gone With the Wind" so I really ought to go and see a film there:

http://www.loewsjersey.org/

(The place seems absolutley fascinating....you can take a 'virtual tour' on the website and the cinema really does seem to be palatial). They don't build them like that anymore....!
Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:21 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
My advice is to keep quiet about movie reviews, I dogged Starsky and Hutch as it is one of the most God awful piles of shit ever put to celuloid. I even wrote to Miramax and asked for 2 hours of my life back. The problems is that movies are subjective and there are people, with low mental capacity, who thought it was the funniest movie ever.
hey you we've got a movie review thread especially for this kind of thing , going to the movies is expensive, there's nothing worse than walking out of there feeling ripped off

Input on any and all movies are very welcome in there, as for S&H i loved it!! hilarious!! even better when you're sitting down with a glass of wine in the mood for something silly, just gotta get in the right frame of mind besides i love any thing with Ben Stiller

p.s oh yeah thought i was in the lounge for a mo ,....the review thread is in there

Last edited by Celtic_Angel; Feb 14th 2005 at 9:31 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:25 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
hey you we've got a movie review thread especially for this kind of thing, going to the movies is expensive, there's nothing worse than walking out of there feeling ripped off

Input on any and all movies are very welcome in there, as for S7H i loved it!! hilarious!! even better when you're sitting down with a glass of wine in the mood for something silly, just gotta get in the right frame of mind besides i love any thing with Ben Stiller
you knows
Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:30 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you were all Brits

<<snip>>
Er? Are you addressing me as well? I'm British...

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.