Reload this Page >

Hired a car this morning- 2 hours later truck crashes into us

Hired a car this morning- 2 hours later truck crashes into us

Old Aug 30th 2017, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Brandy07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hired a car this morning- 2 hours later truck crashes into us

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Depends on the state, but if it's a "at fault" state, then who ever rear ended you will always be found at fault, so there's very little reason for the cops to do anything unless there's been a significant injury/death.
Ok thanks. I'm in PA
Old Aug 30th 2017, 5:04 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brandy07 View Post
One of the other insurance companies called me to interview me - I know it's too late but should I have spoken to them? Do you give them statements in these cases? I've not yet heard from the car hire insurance company or the insurance company of the driver who caused the accident.
One thing I did think strange is that the police didn't speak to any of the witnesses (not that I saw anyway) and there was a lot of people about - is this normal?
You may well not hear from the insurance companies unless you are filing a claim for injuries sustained. They tend to get the facts and then sort it out amoungst themselves.

I tapped someone about a year ago in my F150 on the rear wheel (writing off their older BMW, even though the tap was at less than 10 miles an hour) and besides giving a statement to the Police, picking up the report and dropping it off at my insurance agent I never heard anything more from anyone. I assume it was taken care of, but I was told not to worry about it anymore and that it would be dealt with.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

In Oregon, any accident involving an injury or over $1500 of damage has to be reported to the DMV. I am not sure if other States have a similar thing.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
You may well not hear from the insurance companies unless you are filing a claim for injuries sustained. They tend to get the facts and then sort it out amoungst themselves.

I tapped someone about a year ago in my F150 on the rear wheel (writing off their older BMW, even though the tap was at less than 10 miles an hour) and besides giving a statement to the Police, picking up the report and dropping it off at my insurance agent I never heard anything more from anyone. I assume it was taken care of, but I was told not to worry about it anymore and that it would be dealt with.
That's good to know. Would rather it all gets sorted in the background without having to get involved.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrken30 View Post
In Oregon, any accident involving an injury or over $1500 of damage has to be reported to the DMV. I am not sure if other States have a similar thing.
I wasn't told to do anything else. When the policeman gave me the drivers exchange slip he told me to take it to the hire company. In the bit at the bottom he wrote 'refer to PennDot crash report'. When I handed this to the hire company they filled in a form and asked what happened and said I didn't need to do anything else.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

The other insurance company have now called and left me a message. They represent the truck that went into the back of the truck that went into me. Do I call back? Do I agree to have a statement on record?
Old Aug 31st 2017, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Chesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brandy07 View Post
The other insurance company have now called and left me a message. They represent the truck that went into the back of the truck that went into me. Do I call back? Do I agree to have a statement on record?
I'd ask the hire company and do nothing without their authorisation. It's their policy etc.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chesten View Post
I'd ask the hire company and do nothing without their authorisation. It's their policy etc.
Thanks - I'll give them a call.