British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   High Street Shops in US (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/high-street-shops-us-594753/)

Steerpike Mar 3rd 2009 6:57 pm

Re: High Street Shops in US

Originally Posted by Octang Frye (Post 7338715)
Wow, it's been a long time since I bought clothes from stores like River Island and Next. Heh heh. As we were talking about population density, PG, I think that factor is in play here, too.

People buying naff clothes. Bleurk... Conform. Conform. What do the tabloids tell me is cool? No thanks.

To the OP, this move'll be good for you.

About 15 years ago I discovered that Ralph Lauren shirts fit me better than any other (I'm as skinny as a rake) and that they last a long time. But they were pricey! Then I discovered a factory outlet that sold them very cheaply. I've since bought about 50 of their shirts. I generally rotate through 4 pairs of Levi's, but will don a pair of dockers if the occasion merits it ... I buy those in bulk when they are on sale ...

Vimto Mar 4th 2009 1:44 am

PeachTree City is only about an hours drive from a half decent outlet mall
http://www.tangeroutlet.com/locustgrove/directory/

your wife may find something there to her liking

The nearest half decent sized mall to Peachtree city is Southlake Mall in Morrow

Mall of Georgia just off I85 is the largest in the state

Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza are both places to be seen at but are too rich for my personal taste

yorkieuk Mar 4th 2009 9:48 pm

ASOS delivers to the US and its decently priced.:thumbsup:

I always get my clothes from here whether in the UK/US as they have loads of cool stuff and in the US I haven't found any of the kind of clothes I like unless they are overpriced in designer shops :thumbdown:

http://www.asos.com/Woman/

NC Penguin Mar 5th 2009 2:25 am

Originally Posted by robskatie (Post 7340821)
I'm guessing that you don't have kids then!

I don't have a bladder the size of a pea.:)

NC Penguin Mar 5th 2009 2:26 am

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 7337681)
That's too bad, patience is a virtue. Of course, some people can afford to be impatient.

We're talking about clothes shopping now. You as a man should understand!:blink:

another bloody yank Mar 5th 2009 2:37 am

Originally Posted by NC Penguin (Post 7346629)
We're talking about clothes shopping now. You as a man should understand!:blink:

I'll spend all day looking at the latest in fall fashion... at Cabelas.

cindyabs Mar 5th 2009 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 7346652)
I'll spend all day looking at the latest in fall fashion... at Cabelas.

Many of the folks at the flea market last weekend had obviously shopped there, the whole family in fact..............:sneaky:

another bloody yank Mar 5th 2009 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 7348329)
Many of the folks at the flea market last weekend had obviously shopped there, the whole family in fact..............:sneaky:

Well, we rural types like our flea markets...;)

cindyabs Mar 5th 2009 3:53 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 7348354)
Well, we rural types like our flea markets...;)

and I'm glad of that!! Our kids stuff went well, especially the "old fashioned" stuff- wooden train, firetruck, the guy with the magnetic filings that you used to give him hair and a beard, say, is that what you use??, puzzles and books. The adult stuff not so much although there is a "coffee table' book Ray would like on fancy American cars of the past.

I was also pointing out the Effingham County hairdo to my DH, which is the big upswept bang in the back with nothing else going on with the (long) hair in the rest of the "do".
This style is known as the "I'm closer to God than you" style.

We counted it a success because they had funnel cakes there! :thumbup:

another bloody yank Mar 5th 2009 4:26 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cindyabs (Post 7348452)
and I'm glad of that!! Our kids stuff went well, especially the "old fashioned" stuff- wooden train, firetruck, the guy with the magnetic filings that you used to give him hair and a beard, say, is that what you use??, puzzles and books. The adult stuff not so much although there is a "coffee table' book Ray would like on fancy American cars of the past.

I was also pointing out the Effingham County hairdo to my DH, which is the big upswept bang in the back with nothing else going on with the (long) hair in the rest of the "do".
This style is known as the "I'm closer to God than you" style.

We counted it a success because they had funnel cakes there! :thumbup:

I know what you mean...

tonrob Dec 5th 2009 11:32 am

Originally Posted by winner12345 (Post 8148186)
I am looking for low cost high street shops in uk. Can you let me know where I can get?

And you think the best way to find out is by pinning your question onto the end of a six-month old thread with the subject line "High Street shops in US"? :blink:

Englishtart Dec 5th 2009 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 8148425)
And you think the best way to find out is by pinning your question onto the end of a six-month old thread with the subject line "High Street shops in US"? :blink:

I was wondering the same thing :confused: