Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hi, this may sound stupid, but we need help please!

Hi, this may sound stupid, but we need help please!

Old Jan 8th 2005, 1:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi, this may sound stupid, but we need help please!

Originally Posted by kevin148
Ok, so now I have another question

Do I need an original G-325a form, or can I just print it off and then sign it?

kevin
Hi Kevin,

You can print the G-325A from the internet. It automatically prints 4 pages. If you can, find one of the fillable forms on-line, fill it out on-line, and let it print 4 identical pages. You will see at the bottom of each page where it has a place for signature. Sign each page, and there you have your original G-325A complete.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2005, 1:51 am
Riding The Waves

kevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Kevin,

You can print the G-325A from the internet. It automatically prints 4 pages. If you can, find one of the fillable forms on-line, fill it out on-line, and let it print 4 identical pages. You will see at the bottom of each page where it has a place for signature. Sign each page, and there you have your original G-325A complete.

Rene

Thank you so much, you people are a Godsend

kevin
Old Jan 8th 2005, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Thank you so much, you people are a Godsend

kevin
No, that only applies to Rene, Rete, and Jamie -- aka the patient ones.

Ray and I are jerks so don't upset us.

Good luck. Sounds like you are well on your way.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 2:26 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
No, that only applies to Rene, Rete, and Jamie -- aka the patient ones.

Ray and I are jerks so don't upset us.

Good luck. Sounds like you are well on your way.
Now Ray is not a jerk...a bit off the top perhaps but then anyone who has to visit the forums while hiding in the closet with his laptop has earned that right.

As for you Sphy ... come here birdie, birdie. I'm going to put a little salt on your tail ;-)
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:06 am
Jezebelle

jezebelle is an unknown quantity at this point

For Tara's I-129F submission, she will need 2 ORIGINAL passport photos of both Kevin and Tara. She will need Kevin's ORIGINAL signature on his G-325A (all 4 pages) and his ORIGINAL signature on his Statement of Intent.

Tara will send the ORIGINAL I-129F petition, signed by her, the ORIGINAL G-325A's that are signed, and she'll send the ORIGINAL I-134 that has been signed by her and notarized.

Everything else she sends should be a photocopy, scanned copy, color copy, whatever type of copy you wish. Pictures of you together, boarding passes, birth certificate, passport, etc. Her backup for the I-134 should also be photocopies (bank statements, tax return, assets, whatever is included as backup).

After she sends all that in, and the file gets to London, Kevin will have his own series of paperwork to complete, and then go for an interview at the consulate. This is where Kevin will bring originals of the backup that was sent along with the I-129F that Tara sent in.

I know it takes a while for the process to sink in. Hope that helps!

Rene[/QUOTE]

what is the I-134 form? I just submitted paperwork for my K-1 application to VSC. I am the USC and my fiance is Canadian. I heard via email it was approved, 1/5/05 but do not recall the I134 form. Can you remind me or is it needed at teh intervew by my Canadian fiancee?
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:12 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jezebelle
what is the I-134 form? I just submitted paperwork for my K-1 application to VSC. I am the USC and my fiance is Canadian. I heard via email it was approved, 1/5/05 but do not recall the I134 form. Can you remind me or is it needed at teh intervew by my Canadian fiancee?
The I-134 is the Affidavit of Support form which the fiance typically takes with him or her to the interview. We also sent ours in with our I-129f petition. Hope this helps jog your memory---it is hard to remember all the numbers of the forms! Good luck.

~SecretGarden
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:17 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Now Ray is not a jerk...a bit off the top perhaps but then anyone who has to visit the forums while hiding in the closet with his laptop has earned that right.
I have age related senility.....It covers anything and everything I say.....
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:18 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I have age related senility.....It covers anything and everything I say.....
Quit following me.

~SG
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:33 am
Jezebelle

jezebelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I-134 form

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Quit following me.

~SG
I received an email from USCIS and I looked in my packet of info that I sent them and there does not appear to be a I-134 and the application is approved. What should I do now? We are waiting for the official I797 which I have not received in my hand yet. can we prepare and have it ready for the interview. My fiancee will be interviewed in Vancouver. Does anyone know how long the wait is from the time of approval to the interview date?

This is my first time posting and I am not sure if I am doing it right.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:39 am
The Missus

Default Re: I-134 form

I received an email from USCIS and I looked in my packet of info that I sent them and there does not appear to be a I-134 and the application is approved. What should I do now? We are waiting for the official I797 which I have not received in my hand yet. can we prepare and have it ready for the interview. My fiancee will be interviewed in Vancouver. Does anyone know how long the wait is from the time of approval to the interview date?

Hey Jezebelle,
Just for clarification, I was teasing Ray and telling him to quit following me. And yes, you are posting just fine!

He's going to have to take a completed I-134 from you to the interview. This is the document that shows you are able to sponsor him financially. You can go to the USCIS site www.uscis.gov and download it from the site. There are several things you need to gather to submit with it, showing your ability to sponsor him. Take a look at the form and the instructions and come back with any questions you might have. It's not a difficult form, but it does require some organization on your part to put the supporting documents together. You can also take a look at the link under Rete's name at the top of the forum page in BritishExpats. It has good information about filling out the I-134. Hope this helps!

~SecretGarden
Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

berthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really nice

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Hey Jezebelle,
Just for clarification, I was teasing Ray and telling him to quit following me. And yes, you are posting just fine!

He's going to have to take a completed I-134 from you to the interview. This is the document that shows you are able to sponsor him financially. You can go to the USCIS site www.uscis.gov and download it from the site. There are several things you need to gather to submit with it, showing your ability to sponsor him. Take a look at the form and the instructions and come back with any questions you might have. It's not a difficult form, but it does require some organization on your part to put the supporting documents together. You can also take a look at the link under Rete's name at the top of the forum page in BritishExpats. It has good information about filling out the I-134. Hope this helps!

~SecretGarden

Hi,

Watch out for the DS230 pt1 when you get to it. If using a fillable form online watch out for the fields of where you work and where you have previously entered the US, these fields on my form duplicated to the wrong place and I had to leave the first 3 lines of the Q22 (list all employment for last 10 years) and copied this to Q25 (All dates of previous visits or residence in the US).

Just a note, sorry if anyone feels it's inappropriate for this thread.

Berthman
Old Jan 8th 2005, 1:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry for the confusion. The I-134 Affidavit of Support is what she will send to him for him to take to his interview in London later on. I just got ahead of myself when typing that post, sorry. You're doing it right. The I-134 doesn't have to go with the I-129F petition.

My apologies

Rene
Old Jan 9th 2005, 12:12 am
Riding The Waves

kevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm so sorry for the confusion. The I-134 Affidavit of Support is what she will send to him for him to take to his interview in London later on. I just got ahead of myself when typing that post, sorry. You're doing it right. The I-134 doesn't have to go with the I-129F petition.

My apologies

Rene

Another couple of questions now (sorry about this)

On the I-134 form can anyone with a notarization licence stamp the form or does it have to be anyone in paricular?

Because Tara has only just completed cosmotology school, she does not have a full time job yet, so we will be getting sponsered from her mother and father - but I notice it says that they would have to complete I-134a. Is this the same form as the I-134? If not, does anyone know where we can get this and if it IS the same, how should her PARENTS fill this out?

And the last question - does anyone from the UK know how to obtain a police report to prove I haven't been arrested or convited of anything?. Do I just call the local police station? Is there a fee?

Thanks

Kevin
Old Jan 9th 2005, 12:42 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

There is no I-134A ... your fiancee completes an I-134 even if she does not qualify and the father or mother (whoever earns the amount needed) completes a second I-134. It can be notarized by any authorized notary. You can find them in the yellow pages of your phone book, at most real estate offices and most banks.

Rete

Another couple of questions now (sorry about this)

On the I-134 form can anyone with a notarization licence stamp the form or does it have to be anyone in paricular?

Because Tara has only just completed cosmotology school, she does not have a full time job yet, so we will be getting sponsered from her mother and father - but I notice it says that they would have to complete I-134a. Is this the same form as the I-134? If not, does anyone know where we can get this and if it IS the same, how should her PARENTS fill this out?

And the last question - does anyone from the UK know how to obtain a police report to prove I haven't been arrested or convited of anything?. Do I just call the local police station? Is there a fee?

Thanks

Kevin
Old Jan 9th 2005, 1:02 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there

I am from London, and my fiance is from north carolina. We have been seing each other for 5 years now and after this last time of visiting her (I just got back today) we have decided we cannot take being apart anymore and want to get married and start a new life in the USA.
It's a shame you decided this after you got back. Had you decided while you were there and just got married for those reasons you would have been able to AOS (adjustment of status) without returning.

I know it's not something that people here like to bring up but you sounded so desperate to be together that I had to mention that if you had acted on that feeling on your visit then you would be together now.

Best of luck with the process now though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.