Reload this Page >

Hi I'm New to this and I need some friends

Hi I'm New to this and I need some friends

Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

shona66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi I'm New to this and I need some friends

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I think i'm gonna need a lil support with this. I'm a single mum and met the love of my life (Jeff)in Sept 2003. He's from Niles , Michigan and I'm from the Uk, SE london (originally from Essex, lol ,no bloody jokes please-threw the shoes out years ago).

Anyway we are both teachers for our sins (Actually we both love the job) . Just filed the k1 petiton at Nebraska (OMG) 2nd Jan and will hopefully get there before my passport expires in 2013 ( not paying £65) unless i pretend I'm Mexican. Seriously I miss him like hell and just wanna be his wife but humour helps. I've had a good a browse on this site and there are so many supportive and friendly people here. At this difficult time I just wanna talk to people who really understand how hard this is.

Well its Friday night and the first week back at school has left me exhausted. Think I need a glass of wine or too(after the initial 2 I've already had) and will sit quitely reading my Michigan drivers manual. ( 20yrs driving in the uk obviously isn't enough). Lol, today is one of my better days but I do getting pretty down with it all knowing how long I have to wait. There are days when the tears flow, I can assure you, and that I guess is when I'm gonna need some friends who know just what it's like to be going thro this.

Anyway thats me Shona , 37 from Mottingham SE london. Take Care all of you and God Bless.

love Shona
:lecture: :lecture: :lecture: :lecture:
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shona

We've all (well most of us) been there, being apart is sooo hard my only advice is to enjoy the time you have left in the UK, do things you've always planned to do and try and stay positive after all the visa may take 6 months it may take a year ..... but whats that in a lifetime ?

Take Care

Jan

Oh Oh and driving in Michigan is easy .... just aim your car n drive like the wind !! LOL
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the words Jan. I love Niles and just cant wait to be with Jeff. Love to get here and marry in August as its our Summer hols for both of us. Please dont let it be a year. Have tried driving his truck but just stuck to a straight country road. Junctions just confuse me lol.

Thanks again Shona
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:26 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome. I'm a K1 but I got the good deal and am going through speedy Vermont.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Lucky you, When did you send off the I 129F ?

Best wishes Shona
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:31 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by shona66

Best wishes Shona
Welcome Shona, hang in there. Me and my wife did the transatlantic dating thing for about 5 years before tying the knot.

As for driving in the States, do they even have a manual
I never even got out of the strip mall when I took my test here in Florida and still passed.

On the other hand, my wife who had been driving in the US for 20 years spent about 1000:00 UK on lessons and took her test twice before she could pass over there in England.

You'll get here eventually, just try not to dwell on how long it's taking.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:53 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

It went off on 10th Dec. VSC is now processing 3rd Dec. I'm hoping to be out there around May time.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 7:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

just a sugestion.. Your situation would better fit the marrige visa forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...?s=&forumid=35
Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Courtney will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by ray6
just a sugestion.. Your situation would better fit the marrige visa forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...?s=&forumid=35
Ray6

It doesn't matter if Shona wants to talk on this forum. It sounds more like shona needs people to chat to about being so far away from her man, not necessarily visa information.

Hi Shona

I am hoping to get a student visa to learn to fly in Florida. My partner (who is British) got a job out there in June. We both went out there together andhis company told me I would get a visa but then they couldn't. I eneded up there on the Visa waiver for 5 months with a week home. I came home Beginning of November and was due to fly out xmas day. Whislt I was here my mate told me about the B-2 visa, anyway I was denied because I have no real ties to the UK. Hence, I have now spent nearly three months away from him and it's awful. I am getting really impatient and just want us back together now.

I understand what you are feeling and it's awful being apart. I hope it all works out and you get out there really soon.
Take care
Courtney
Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

thanks Courtney,
Your'e right I do just need a lil support because I feel pretty alone with all this. Thought this one was for just making friends, support and general stuff. I hope you get sorted as well, hun. I feel for you. This is tough but it helps to know people are sweet enough to listen - Thanks

Hugs Shona

ps My apologies to Ray -just wanted to talk
Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:49 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

ps My apologies to Ray -just wanted to talk
No prob Shona ..I will just savage Courtney on her next posting..(lol)
Old Jan 11th 2004, 1:07 am

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Welcome to british Expats Courtney and Shona. (I can and will handle Ray if asked)

Shona you are lucky to be moving to a state that has an abundant supply of expats! I'm very rusty on the visa facts, but like someone said it's about 6 months I think and in the end that isn't a very long time at all.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:39 am
Ray

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
Welcome to british Expats Courtney and Shona. (I can and will handle Ray if asked)
Well could you fix that non showing Gif or whatever on you signature first...
ps...Christmas has gone now ..
Old Jan 11th 2004, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by BrigieDarling

Shona you are lucky to be moving to a state that has an abundant supply of expats! I'm very rusty on the visa facts, but like someone said it's about 6 months I think and in the end that isn't a very long time at all.

Thanks for the welcome
I guess the time is a drop in the ocean but it doesnt always make it easier when your soulmate is about 4000 miles away. Still, thinking have just booked a flight to visit him in half term Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee. only 5 weeks away. Just need to get all the docs to say i'm coming back.

Rays ok lol just puts my moaning in to perspective (no offence intended)

Shona
Old Jan 11th 2004, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Courtney will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the welcome
I guess the time is a drop in the ocean but it doesnt always make it easier when your soulmate is about 4000 miles away. Still, thinking have just booked a flight to visit him in half term Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee. only 5 weeks away. Just need to get all the docs to say i'm coming back.

Rays ok lol just puts my moaning in to perspective (no offence intended)

Shona
Hi Shona

Hey that's so exciting....five weeks is nothing hey? I hope to buy a ticket soon, but will have to see how my visa application turns out.

Hi Ray6 how are you??

Courtney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.