British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   hi from Hollywood (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/hi-hollywood-408340/)

essexgirl Nov 15th 2006 11:30 pm

hi from Hollywood

Hi, Ive been in Los Angeles for a year now - its been tough to get used to life here, its not the nicest, most friendly city I know.
I lived in Spain for 4 years before this so am used to being an expat.
Im 27 and work in the travel industry..... I don't know any Brits/Europeans in the USA and I miss home!!! especially with Xmas coming....
nice to meet you all..

Lord Lionheart Nov 15th 2006 11:54 pm

Re: hi from Hollywood

Originally Posted by essexgirl
Hi, Ive been in Los Angeles for a year now - its been tough to get used to life here, its not the nicest, most friendly city I know.
Im 27 and work in the travel industry..... I don't know any Brits/Europeans in the USA and I miss home!!! especially with Xmas coming....
nice to meet you all..

There's loads of us in Santa Monica. 2 English pubs and a bakery and tea room.

Irn-bru Nov 15th 2006 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by essexgirl
nice to meet you all..

Welcome to the forum :)
LA is a world onto it's own. Have you joined any clubs etc to try to meet people. There are a couple of people in LA in the forum if I remember rightly. I know it can be hard when you don't know anyone but being on the this forum might just be a lifeline :D We all have been through it and can identify with you.

Manc Nov 15th 2006 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart
a bakery and tea room.

didn't have you down as a Toff............

Lord Lionheart Nov 15th 2006 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
didn't have you down as a Toff............

I do like crumpet, two at a time when possible. Go do some laundry I saw her first

Sally Nov 16th 2006 12:00 am

Hi I'm in (Lionheart look away) Calabasas and was born in Essex, feel free to PM me. Welcome to the site.

anabella Nov 16th 2006 12:08 am

Hi Essexgirl. You can practice you Spanish with me if you like.. though you probably use it enough in LA..

Welcome to BE

:beer:

Lord Lionheart Nov 16th 2006 12:09 am

Originally Posted by anabella
Hi Essexgirl. You can practice you Spanish with me if you like.. though you probably use it enough in LA..

Welcome to BE

:beer:

De donde eres?

Sally Nov 16th 2006 12:10 am

De donde eres?

Hollywood?

Oops sorry didn't realise you were chatting up Anabella as well

anabella Nov 16th 2006 12:10 am

De donde eres?

De Leon.. it's 4 hours away from Madrid to the north-west.

Lord Lionheart Nov 16th 2006 12:18 am

Love the tapas bars in Madrid, mind you in Solihull it's almost as good. Nice pint of mild and a mouldy cornish pastie down the local

essexgirl Nov 16th 2006 12:19 am

Hola Annabelle..... yo vivia en Malaga..... Costa del Sol... I know, typical expat.....
Thanks for all your messages.... I wish I lived in Santa Monica, I have been to the Kings head shop a couple of times but not to the pub yet...I watched the world cup at Hollywood Billiards on hollywd blvd as san mon is too far to go for 8am kick offs!!! I went to Tom Bergens on wilshire/fairfax last night... so far its my fav pub in LA - really crowded even on a Tues.
im glad I joined the forum!!!

anabella Nov 16th 2006 12:19 am

Love the tapas bars in Madrid, mind you in Solihull it's almost as good. Nice pint of mild and a mouldy cornish pastie down the local

There is even a Tasca in Solihull.. so you can have tapas here too.. it's like being at home.. ;)

Lord Lionheart Nov 16th 2006 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Sally
Hollywood?

Oops sorry didn't realise you were chatting up Anabella as well

Calquiere puerto en una tormenta! Not sure if the direct translation works, probably best if it doesn't???

Sally Nov 16th 2006 12:23 am

There is even a Tasca in Solihull.. so you can have tapas here too.. it's like being at home.. ;)

Ooh it's lovely in there!