British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   HI ALL registering a vehicle in USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/hi-all-registering-vehicle-usa-332030/)

jonny140 Oct 18th 2005 5:20 am

HI ALL registering a vehicle in USA

Hi im new to the usa (aussie ) and would like to know how or if i can register a vehicle in the states im in Missouri iam on a standard Business Visa . thanky all. i wanna set up a business and sell stuff here and hire people

Bob Oct 18th 2005 5:23 am

Re: HI ALL registering a vehicle in USA

depends on the state and possibly the city...as you might need to show residence in that city etc....best bet would be to look up the DMV/BMV for that state you'll be in.....but usually you'll have to show insurance of the motor to register it, and once registered, have to get it inspected...

jonny140 Oct 18th 2005 5:34 am

thanky superbob y the best mate

Manc Oct 18th 2005 11:50 am

may one ask what a standard business visa is?

dbj1000 Oct 18th 2005 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
may one ask what a standard business visa is?

Just what I was wondering. You weren't sold this "Standard Business Visa" by a bloke in a pub, were you?

fatbrit Oct 18th 2005 3:54 pm

http://www.dor.mo.gov/mvdl/motorv/titling.htm

It all depends what your "standard business visa" is.

If, for example, it's a B-1/2, you're SOL.

Big D Oct 18th 2005 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by jonny140
Hi im new to the usa (aussie ) and would like to know how or if i can register a vehicle in the states im in Missouri iam on a standard Business Visa . thanky all. i wanna set up a business and sell stuff here and hire people

some states require a state driving license - other dont - if you are going to be resident you should be OK

what does selling stuff and hiring people have to do with your question?

Manc Oct 18th 2005 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Big D
what does selling stuff and hiring people have to do with your question?

sounds like he's gonna be a pimp.

Big D Oct 18th 2005 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
sounds like he's gonna be a pimp.

he probably need to change the order then :D :D

Rete Oct 18th 2005 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by jonny140

Hmmmm no such animal as a Standard Business Visa. You claim to be in Missouri yet your profile says you are in NYC. You wannna set up a business and sell stuff and hire people, all this and you can't spell, use the shift key to make the appropriate letters capitalized and use thanky instead of thank you or if you are going to abbreviate, use ty. Good luck to you. Oh, and btw, look by the Department of Motor Vehicle's (DMV) website for the state you are in for the answer.

Elvira Oct 18th 2005 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
Hmmmm no such animal as a Standard Business Visa. You claim to be in Missouri yet your profile says you are in NYC. You wannna set up a business and sell stuff and hire people, all this and you can't spell, use the shift key to make the appropriate letters capitalized and use thanky instead of thank you or if you are going to abbreviate, use ty. Good luck to you. Oh, and btw, look by the Department of Motor Vehicle's (DMV) website for the state you are in for the answer.

But Rete, he did say he's from Oz! :D

Rete Oct 18th 2005 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
But Rete, he did say he's from Oz! :D

One outta 3 ain't bad ;-)

Bob Oct 18th 2005 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
... Oh, and btw, look by the Department of Motor Vehicle's (DMV) website for the state you are in for the answer.

Or the BMV....some states are posh and call it the bureau of motor vehicles don't you know *l* :D