British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Hi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/hi-735131/)

scrubbedexpat099 Oct 12th 2011 5:32 pm

Re: Hi

Originally Posted by Zoe (Post 9670869)
Bob - most people on E2 visas are running small businesses, they are very lucky if they make enough money to either have a spare $500,000 to invest in a Government Project or have a business worth over a million dollars and an extra 10 employees. That is not saying they are unsuccessful and I think that is a harsh comment.

Most English people living in Florida - maybe.

But overall, not so sure.

BILDER Oct 12th 2011 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Zoe (Post 9671421)
On the other hand if they were offered the chance of Legal Permanent Residency, I can't see many turning it down.

Zoe

Possibly, but they just don't want it bad enough. End of story.

Englishman43 Oct 12th 2011 5:57 pm

Just my two penny worth : I had an E2, knew it was temporary and accepted that fact.

I don't agree with accepting the conditions of any visa then trying to change them to fit ones current wants/needs/situation.

Good luck in your quest though.

Michelmas Oct 12th 2011 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Englishman43 (Post 9671472)
Just my two penny worth : I had an E2, knew it was temporary and accepted that fact.

I don't agree with accepting the conditions of any visa then trying to change them to fit ones current wants/needs/situation.

Very well said.:thumbup:

Zoe, You have now heard from another E2 visa recipient, your voice is obviously not speaking for everybody.

Zoe Oct 13th 2011 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Englishman43 (Post 9671472)

Interesting that you use " had " past tense. I see you are still in the US so what changed ?

scrubbedexpat097 Oct 13th 2011 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Michelmas (Post 9672031)

Zoe, You have now heard from another E2 visa recipient, your voice is obviously not speaking for everybody.

Why do you have to keep questioning what she is doing? Why does it matter so much to you? It seems odd to me...:confused:

Ray Oct 13th 2011 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Michelmas (Post 9672031)

She never said she was ... cool your jets ...

Michael Oct 13th 2011 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 9672253)
Why do you have to keep questioning what she is doing? Why does it matter so much to you? It seems odd to me...:confused:

I agree. Why does it make any difference to him that she is trying to change the law to benefit her family? Why would what she is doing produce a negative response?

ljaw2002uk Oct 13th 2011 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 9672272)
I agree. Why does it make any difference to him that she is trying to change the law to benefit her family? Why would what she is doing produce a negative response?

100% agree! It makes no sense at all. There are some really miserable individuals on here! :thumbdown:

BILDER Oct 13th 2011 12:34 pm

I support what the OP is trying to do. One thing that bothers me though is that she or *others* are or have posted so many times using many different accounts. A new petition thread about this issue has just opened up started by shelley something or other, with the creator of that petition being a Zoe. Something strikes me as not being too transparent here.

For this reason, I will not be signing.

anotherlimey Oct 13th 2011 1:12 pm

I'm glad someone is trying to push reform through on immigration.... she might be the only person I've heard from with a sensible idea! ;)

Seriously, the whole system needs an overhaul.

Zoe Oct 13th 2011 2:25 pm

I am the Originator of the White House Petition, but I wasn't the person to put it on here.

I have nothing to hide - I used to post on here a while ago and got very negative comments, so stopped. I decided to rejoin and couldn't remember my original User Name and password so came with another name but Admin changed me back - Thank you. I think the only differences were Zoe and Zoe A.

I am a genuine person who is trying to change things to allow my family and many other E2 families to be able to legally remain in the US long term.I know some of you maybe don't agree with what we are doing, but personal attacks are a surprise. I am trying to stand up for myself without retaliating too much, but sometimes it is hard.

I was going to put the Petition on, but knew I would get comments, so had decided not to. I thank the lady who has put it up there and if any of you do decide to sign, it will be greatly appreciated.

Zoe

Michelmas Oct 14th 2011 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 9672253)

Why do you care what my reasons are? I am merely entering into a discussion with the OP. If she (or anyone else) doesn't like it, ignore me. Maybe I'll go away.

scrubbedexpat097 Oct 14th 2011 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Michelmas (Post 9673828)
Why do you care what my reasons are? I am merely entering into a discussion with the OP. If she (or anyone else) doesn't like it, ignore me. Maybe I'll go away.

Maybe.....:fingerscrossed:;)

BILDER Oct 14th 2011 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 9673843)
Maybe.....:fingerscrossed:;)

meaning hopefully! :thumbup: