Hi

Old Oct 10th 2011, 3:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi

Here we go again...

Every Visa has it plus and minus points, E2, H, L whatever.

The perfect visa has yet to be implemented and by definition will never be.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 12:05 pm
Zoe
Forum Regular

Zoe will become famous soon enoughZoe will become famous soon enough

Thank you for the last two comments.

Zoe
Old Oct 10th 2011, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe
Thank you for the last two comments.

Zoe

Good luck and kudos to you for trying I'm all for people fighting to help themselves and their families to survive and stay together.

It will be interesting to hear the outcome. for you honey.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 2:44 pm
Zoe
Forum Regular

Thanks
Old Oct 10th 2011, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Having come here on an L visa, I'm not acquainted with E variety - but why don't they let people who come here on E visas stay if they run a successful business? Seems like a no-brainer to me so I must be missing something, too many Nigerian scammers perhaps?
Old Oct 10th 2011, 3:47 pm
Zoe
Forum Regular

To be honest I very much think it's because nobody has ever asked for change before and most politicians don't know the difference in the numerous visas.

They have probably heard of H1Bs and a lot know about EB5s now, but otherwise to most of them Immigration means securing the fences and what to do with the undocumented people here.

Zoe
Old Oct 10th 2011, 3:54 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Zoe. I saw Jerry Brown passed the California Dream Act yesterday, something people have been fighting for years for, that opponents said would never happen. Show's change can happen
Old Oct 10th 2011, 4:01 pm
Zoe
Forum Regular

Any Immigration changes are great news at the moment.

I think it has been such a dirty word in Washington for so long and at least now there are some Bills going to the House - mind you then they will go onto the Senate and probably fall flat, but at least there has been a start made.

Zoe
Old Oct 10th 2011, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Having come here on an L visa, I'm not acquainted with E variety - but why don't they let people who come here on E visas stay if they run a successful business? Seems like a no-brainer to me so I must be missing something, too many Nigerian scammers perhaps?
Actually they do.

It is the L Visa they do not.

Pluses and Minuses.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 8:19 pm
Zoe
Forum Regular

You can get a Green Card from an L visa but not from an E2 - that's why we are lobbying for change.

Zoe
Old Oct 10th 2011, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

That is out of the Employee's hands, the Employer can.

As we have seen they do not always want to, or I remember one case where someone was laid off and had to leave, no way of transferring to another employer. Sell house, cars etc etc.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
That is out of the Employee's hands, the Employer can.

As we have seen they do not always want to, or I remember one case where someone was laid off and had to leave, no way of transferring to another employer. Sell house, cars etc etc.
There is also another issue with the L1-B visa. Depending on your EB category, you may run out of time before the green card is approved.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 12:47 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk
She didn't do any such thing. She actually said she would prefer if they DIDN'T get married for that reason. What about the many of us who have married not specifically because we wanted to do so at that point, but it was the only way we could remain together? Are we "not cool"?

Why are you going out of your way to belittle the efforts that the OP has made to try and improve their situation, and the situation many others on this visa are in?

OP - very best of luck to you!
I always choose my words very carefully, and i suggest you do the same. I at no time said that she stated her daughter WAS going to marry for immigration intent, I merely said she INFERRED it with her comments, and that's exactly what she did.
By saying "we would prefer that they don't have to marry for her to stay in the country" means that she would prefer not to, but will if necessary (hence the inference), irregardless if that were to be the natural progression of the relationship. It's forcing a position of the relationship solely for the purpose of immigration benefit, which sounds awfully fishy to me. And yes, anyone who forces the natural progression of a relationship solely for immigration intent is 'not cool', but who am I to judge. It is purely my opinion.

...and I am not going out of my way to belittle anyone. I am merely entering into a discussion with the OP and anyone else who posts. If you and anyone else doesn't want to contribute, that's up to you, but as long as i breach no forum rules, you cannot dictate what I say or to whom I say it.

Have a good day
Old Oct 11th 2011, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Jack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really nice

Zoe, I don't have an E2 visa, I have L1, but I've heard of instances where E2 visa holders have in fact gone on to get a green card. That being said, and it appears you have a stable business, why can't you apply for a green card when others have done so?

Just wondering why it works for some but not others?
Old Oct 11th 2011, 3:58 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack97
Zoe, I don't have an E2 visa, I have L1, but I've heard of instances where E2 visa holders have in fact gone on to get a green card. That being said, and it appears you have a stable business, why can't you apply for a green card when others have done so?

Just wondering why it works for some but not others?
cos there are more than one type of E-2 ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.