British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Hi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/hi-525962/)

Anne Marie Apr 1st 2008 8:07 am

Hi

Hi I know this maybe a random thing to ask and I apologise in advance if it is a stupid question but I'm trying to find out on different websites but I can't seem to find anything out, ok here goes I have done some acting in the past and have done a course and am going to college to do some more training, this is really what I want to do and I know that the states is the best place to be is there anyway I can do this there.

Thanks in advance

tonrob Apr 1st 2008 10:31 am

Re: Hi

Originally Posted by Anne Marie (Post 6141017)
Hi I know this maybe a random thing to ask and I apologise in advance if it is a stupid question but I'm trying to find out on different websites but I can't seem to find anything out, ok here goes I have done some acting in the past and have done a course and am going to college to do some more training, this is really what I want to do and I know that the states is the best place to be is there anyway I can do this there.

Thanks in advance

Hello again Anne Marie

Don't know if you can get a student visa for studying acting but someone will be along with more of an idea about this I'm sure. Would you have the funds to support yourself while you studied? College courses can be very expensive.

BTW - How are your enquiries about transferring to the US with Asda/Wal-Mart going?

Emma M Apr 1st 2008 11:51 am

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 6141674)
Hello again Anne Marie

Don't know if you can get a student visa for studying acting but someone will be along with more of an idea about this I'm sure. Would you have the funds to support yourself while you studied? College courses can be very expensive.

BTW - How are your enquiries about transferring to the US with Asda/Wal-Mart going?

If anyone is wanting to transfer with ASDA / Wal Mart, it is extremely difficult. Your best bet would be to work up through Stepping Stones and then become a manager, and then apply for a transfer, but even then your chances are slim. (I worked for ASDA until October 07 and looked at this option myself, so I know.)

Octang Frye Apr 1st 2008 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Anne Marie (Post 6141017)

Thanks in advance

Not a silly question... just an awful run on sentence!
Follow your dreams, kid. Good luck.

Bob Apr 1st 2008 5:37 pm

plenty of acting and drama schools in NY, google them, might even be able to get an F1 student visa, be really expensive though...