British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Hi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/hi-406653/)

anotherlimey Nov 8th 2006 2:35 am

Re: Hi

So are you a lover of dogs, or a dog's..... oh nevermind.. :p

Welcome to BE :)

DollyLlama Nov 8th 2006 3:10 am

Originally Posted by gardnma
No, a mutated squirrel called Simon.
Of course she has a dog. :D

Hello and welcome. :)

Not all dog lovers have dogs! :p

Sally Nov 8th 2006 3:25 am

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
Not all dog lovers have dogs! :p

Stan Collymore, for example.

DollyLlama Nov 8th 2006 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Sally
Stan Collymore, for example.

:D :D

doglover Nov 8th 2006 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
Hello and Welcome :)
do you have a dog? :D

We did have a beautiful dog, who unfortunately passed away a few weeks ago at the ripe old age of 15. I love all animals but dogs especially.

Elvira Nov 8th 2006 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by doglover
We did have a beautiful dog, who unfortunately passed away a few weeks ago at the ripe old age of 15. I love all animals but dogs especially.

Sorry to hear about your dog. It must be tough losing your dog - it's something I dread as our dog will be 10 next month. She is a beautiful lab-border collie mix, with a lovely, slightly mischiveous personality. I never used to be a dog person until we had her, but she sure has changed my attitude to dogs.

Now then: what else are you going to tell us about yourself? (You do understand that if you do not vounteer information, we will eventually resort to ........ 'other measures'... :D )

Irn-bru Nov 8th 2006 1:56 pm

I am really sorry, losing a dog who has been your companion for 15 yrs must be gut wrenching :(

Ray Nov 8th 2006 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
I am really sorry, losing a dog who has been your companion for 15 yrs must be gut wrenching :(

Worse than a wife .....

Irn-bru Nov 8th 2006 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Worse than a wife .....

Yes sadly, as not too many people can say they've been married that long ;)

doglover Nov 8th 2006 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
Sorry to hear about your dog. It must be tough losing your dog - it's something I dread as our dog will be 10 next month. She is a beautiful lab-border collie mix, with a lovely, slightly mischiveous personality. I never used to be a dog person until we had her, but she sure has changed my attitude to dogs.

Now then: what else are you going to tell us about yourself? (You do understand that if you do not vounteer information, we will eventually resort to ........ 'other measures'... :D )

I'm from Harrogate, a Yorkshire lass, and met my husband when he was working near my home town. Been over here since 1991, lived in Washington DC for a year and North Dakota for the rest. Actually North Dakota is not bad at all - our winters are not as cold as they used to be (global warming) it's supposed to get 70 today!

Irn-bru Nov 8th 2006 2:28 pm

I'm from Harrogate, a Yorkshire lass, and met my husband when he was working near my home town. Been over here since 1991, lived in Washington DC for a year and North Dakota for the rest. Actually North Dakota is not bad at all - our winters are not as cold as they used to be (global warming) it's supposed to get 70 today!

That's some change D.C to N.Dakota - where do you prefer and what's N Dakota like? :)

Ray Nov 8th 2006 2:40 pm

. Actually North Dakota is not bad at all - our winters are not as cold as they used to be

I'm watching your nose grow ........

doglover Nov 8th 2006 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
That's some change D.C to N.Dakota - where do you prefer and what's N Dakota like? :)

Much prefer North Dakota. DC was fun, lots to see and do, but the crime rate was just so bad. North Dakota has very little crime. Also commuting is a breeze, we drive 14 miles each way to work and it only takes us a half hour in rush hour traffic.

snowbunny Nov 8th 2006 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by gardnma
I still think she has a squirrel called Simon, its more poetic.

There's a limerick there somewhere.....

"There once was a squirrel called Simon
Called that for the purpose of rhymin...."

gardnma Nov 8th 2006 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny
There's a limerick there somewhere.....

"There once was a squirrel called Simon
Called that for the purpose of rhymin...."

There once was a squirrel called Simon
Called that for the purpose of rhymin
Whilst gathering nuts one day