Wikiposts

Hey people

Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:05 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey people

Originally Posted by Glennon
I need to make a fresh start by moving somewhere new and I thought because I like america so much I may as well consider going there.
well if you want to move, think about the rest of the EU, possibly Oz or Canada because the US is one of the hardest places to get to unless you marry a USC, which still isn't all that easy....unless you have a needed work skill like a nurse, or something handy that'll get you sponsored...you'll need a degree though, or a lot of experience to make up for lack of degree, so your probable best bet is find a uni in the US and get a degree here and rack up the debt
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Glennon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
Your options are limited and none is a quick one:

- diversity lottery (because Irish)
- H1b (lots of hurdles - very long-term - do a sear and read...)
- L1 (ditto)
- marriage to USC
Whats diversity lottery?
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:06 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Whats diversity lottery?
come on - now YOU are taking the piss! Do a search...
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:08 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Whats diversity lottery?
thought you said you CAN move to America, if you can you've obviously done your research right?

or have you not done any research?
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

OK, I'll be a little kinder:

Either get a job that will get you a visa (very hard to get. You will need a specific skill) or marry an American.

You really can't just move here because you want to. It is a very difficult (and pricey) process, requiring real commitment.

If you want to come out for a taster, I would suggest either a Student visa or a J-1 Exhange visa. If you are a student or a recent graduate, you can participate: http://www.bunac.org/ or http://www.ciee.org/

At least if you are here you can make contact for either marriage or a job.

Good Luck.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:09 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
OK, I'll be a little kinder:
where were we unkind?
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Whats diversity lottery?
Now I'm being too kind: http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/r...cy/divvisa.htm
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:10 am
Just Joined

No way of me going over there and then getting a job at walmart or something and just live there normally?
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

No way of me going over there and then getting a job at walmart or something and just live there normally?

No.

If I can google it, so can you.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:11 am
@matthewb76

only if you have a degree in Software programming or IT
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:12 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

No one in the US lives 'normally'. It's not that kind of place

And no, you can't - sorry.
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Elvira
No one in the US lives 'normally'. It's not that kind of place

And no, you can't - sorry.
Well no not "normally" as such, just live there like I do here now
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:15 am
@matthewb76

no
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:15 am
Homebody

I know exactly what you meant! See my answer above: the US is not a 'normal' place...

Now go and do your (re-)search
Old Oct 28th 2005, 8:17 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Hit the chatrooms?!
Where are you from?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.