British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Hey guys I'm new here (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/hey-guys-im-new-here-631919/)

chrisfromusa Sep 22nd 2009 3:53 am

Re: Hey guys I'm new here

Thanks for the welcome :)

meauxna Sep 22nd 2009 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 7952766)

(No hablo espanol :( )

Yet! :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by dbj1000 (Post 7952788)
You could even try spelling "you're" as "you're", and ignore the Yank trying to tell you to speak like an illiterate!

Welcome to BE.

:p

chrisfromusa Sep 22nd 2009 4:00 am

Definitely learn Spanish, it's much easier than French! :p but I'm a bit biased, Spanish is my native language, don't pay me mind :D

nethead Sep 22nd 2009 12:57 pm

Hi, I live not too far away from you in Camp Hill, across the river from Harrisburg. But originally I'm from Bath, England.

Englishtart Sep 22nd 2009 1:54 pm

Hi Chris, welcome to BE :thumbup: Brit here in Illinois, originally from near Manchester UK ;)

chrisfromusa Sep 22nd 2009 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by nethead (Post 7953847)
Hi, I live not too far away from you in Camp Hill, across the river from Harrisburg. But originally I'm from Bath, England.

Nice to meet ya and everyone else :) Quoting you because I'm curious, what made you pick PA to move here?

nethead Sep 22nd 2009 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa (Post 7954180)
Nice to meet ya and everyone else :) Quoting you because I'm curious, what made you pick PA to move here?

I didn't really pick it, my husband is from the area and his family are here.

snowbunny Sep 22nd 2009 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by dbj1000 (Post 7952788)
You could even try spelling "you're" as "you're", and ignore the Yank trying to tell you to speak like an illiterate!

Welcome to BE.

Such cheek!

I have a sinus infection and was bored... should've read out the entire sentence. :banghead:

Ignorant Yank .... :sneaky:

chrisfromusa Sep 22nd 2009 5:29 pm

Hahaha snowbuddy, we need to make fun of them because they spell things in such a ridiculous way :p we all know our way is better ;)

uslynnukandrew Sep 22nd 2009 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by nethead (Post 7953847)

HA my Cousin is from Yatton, she lives in Bristol,tsb worker.

I am from Barry (Gavin and Stacey land now) English Born but Barry was more of a home.....Living with my wife and Children in Hershey..

SEE MORE OF US THAN YOU think LOL:)

uslynnukandrew Sep 22nd 2009 7:41 pm

Hey Chris

If i ever get to go to Phila to watch Football on a Sat Morning i will take you with me.....then you will meet "the English" :thumbup:

chrisfromusa Sep 22nd 2009 8:00 pm

Hahaha oh dear :p that should be loads of fun :p now by football you mean soccer yes? haha I go to Philly loads of times, my 2 best friends live there.

I used to play soccer myself in school (midfield woo!), I'm all out of shape now though lol.

And yes, seems liek you Brits are starting to pop out of the woodwork! Quoting a previous poster. I thought it was safely American down here :D Actually some more Brits up here couldn't hurt :p

sambapink Sep 22nd 2009 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by uslynnukandrew (Post 7954921)
HA my Cousin is from Yatton, she lives in Bristol,tsb worker.

I am from Barry (Gavin and Stacey land now) English Born but Barry was more of a home.....Living with my wife and Children in Hershey..

SEE MORE OF US THAN YOU think LOL:)

Barry? And you're happy to admit that :lol:

uslynnukandrew Sep 23rd 2009 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by sambapink (Post 7955167)
Barry? And you're happy to admit that :lol:

:D:D:D HECK YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry: drugs are cheap, beers are a plenty and .................................................. ............:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

juliecalifornia Oct 4th 2009 4:59 pm

Hello!

I'm a Brit expat and have just moved from North California to Harrisburg, PA and am looking for fellow Brits.

I know I checked out this site for when we originally moved from UK to Cal 7 years ago, so am now checking out the site for anything to do with Harrisburg.

I'd be very interested in a meet-up if anything's going on :)

I live and work very close to Camp Hill.

Julie