Here comes the 6 nations Rugby again..yipppi

Here comes the 6 nations Rugby again..yipppi

Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:35 am
Just Joined

That James is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Here comes the 6 nations Rugby again..yipppi

Originally Posted by jaxslad
a former Rugby Nation such as Wales...

I've never been a big fan of League myself but I appreciate the technical skills and there is no doubt that Union has learnt a lot from its cousin, particularly in terms of defence.

Personally, I think one of the great things about Union is when you have those fat blokes lying on the ball close to the line, the team is going through 20+ phases of possession and the tension is unbearable. I just don't get that sense of increasing excitement from League.

It probably all boils down to what you grew up with, not many people decide that they suddenly prefer the other code after 20 years.

Big big weekend coming up for England. They should be favourites at Twickenham, not traditionally a happy hunting ground for the French. I was there a couple of years ago for the 34-10 win and am pretty confident we won't see a similar margin on Saturday. I still get the feeling England are being overhyped (they were destroyed by SA only 3 games ago) but would love them to prove me wrong.

Scotland vs Ireland might be interesting as well. Scotland have a point to prove after a poor showing last time out whilst Ireland are pretty inconsistent.

I reckon Wales should beat Italy fairly comfortably despite their horrid recent form.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 5:39 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by That James

It probably all boils down to what you grew up with, not many people decide that they suddenly prefer the other code after 20 years.

I'm glad Chris Ashton did.

Rugby League to me is 5 tackles, kick. Awesome.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303
I'm glad Chris Ashton did.

Rugby League to me is 5 tackles, kick. Awesome.
And Rugby Union to me is just kick, kick, kick, kick
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

That James is an unknown quantity at this point

Never understood why this always turns into a 'my sport is better than yours' debate. Vive la difference.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by That James
Never understood why this always turns into a 'my sport is better than yours' debate. Vive la difference.
Yep.....I'm just having a little dig
Old Mar 1st 2011, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

France was'nt on top form....but you never know with them tho which team turns up...
England Deserved the win...not great but still..

Wales...made dam hard work of it ....very disapointed with them TBH
But give italy credit, they are getting stronger every year, and played well..
if they would have taken there chances wales would have been in big trouble i feel.....(poor kicking from both sides)

Arrrr the scots ....man oh man....getting snagged like that was a bummer..
Ireland IMHO need to step up to the plate this year..

No real argument with the refs this wk-end tho.....i thought on the whole they did quite well..

Oh well....be interesting what happens in the next games....This is when we seperate the men from the boys i guess..