British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Here comes the 6 nations Rugby again..yipppi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/here-comes-6-nations-rugby-again-yipppi-703705/)

jaxslad Feb 3rd 2011 11:12 pm

Here comes the 6 nations Rugby again..yipppi

Ok guys .Here we go again for the rugby fans 6 nations is back:thumbsup:

My team Wales be playing friday the 4th Feb...be live on BBC America i hope..:fingerscrossed:
Not keen on the Friday kick off..but oh well ...lets kick some butt wales..:thumbsup:

Any thoughts guys & dolls on whos going to win R.B.S 6 Nations ;)

jaxslad Feb 3rd 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Here comes the 6 nations Rugby again..yipppi

Oh Crap....its not on BBC America..:frown:
ill have to get watch it on web now...Dam Ballocks..well pissed

That James Feb 4th 2011 12:22 am

I won't even have that luxury, it being a Friday game.

I'll be supporting the other side (you know, the good guys:D).

We moved from pretty near Twickenham. I used to go to 3 or 4 games a year there and am really going to miss that whilst in the US.

Who is going to win the whole thing? Tough call again this year. If England win tomorrow, I think they stand a pretty good chance overall. France have to travel to Twickenham and Lansdowne Road, which knocks their chances a little. I wonder if it might come down to Ireland v England on the last weekend.

Wales have a reasonably kind fixture list but I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say that I don't think they have the strength in depth of the three countries above.

Scotland seem to be going in the right direction but are still a way back imo.

Italy? Nah.

Bob Feb 4th 2011 4:23 am

http://foursquare.com/bbcamerica

List of some pubs in the US who will be showing it...

Should be interesting competition, nice little warm up the world cup...

Brat1 Feb 4th 2011 11:25 am

Oooo I'm just thinking my husbands cousin might be playing in this. He's from New Zealand but plays for France, so need to look out for him even though I haven't a bloody clue about rugby :o

jaxslad Feb 4th 2011 4:55 pm

Well you can always watch it on your P.C like me...;)
Must be said im not into this Friday game crap..

Come On Wales show ya Grit..:thumbsup:

NSBlake Feb 4th 2011 5:01 pm

Very excited! Going to watch them on the TV via BBC iPlayer with plenty of beer! Dont know many brits around here to go to the pub with (found one that is showing it live) - and the ones I do know prefer football/soccer.....

jaxslad Feb 4th 2011 5:39 pm

RBS Six Nations Fixture Schedule 2011 Friday 4th February - Wales v England - 7.45pm
Saturday 5th February - Italy v Ireland - 2.30pm
Saturday 5th February - France v Scotland - 5pm

Saturday 12th February - England v Italy - 2.30pm
Saturday 12th February - Scotland v Wales - 5pm
Sunday 13th February - Ireland v France - 3pm

19/20 February
Saturday 26th February - Italy v Wales - 2.30pm
Saturday 26th February - England v France - 5pm
Sunday 27th February - Scotland v Ireland - 3pm

5/6 March
Saturday 12th March - Italy v France - 2.30pm
Saturday 12th March - Wales v Ireland - 5pm
Sunday 13th March - England v Scotland - 3pm

Saturday 19th March - Scotland v Italy - 2.30pm
Saturday 19th March - Ireland v England - 5pm
Saturday 19th March - France v Wales - 7.45pm

Please Note the times above is for UK TV show times

dmu Feb 4th 2011 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Brat1 (Post 9151811)
Oooo I'm just thinking my husbands cousin might be playing in this. He's from New Zealand but plays for France, so need to look out for him even though I haven't a bloody clue about rugby :o

Hi, I think I can see who you mean, but can't remember his name... I don't think he'll be playing in tomorrow's match, as the list of players doesn't include a non-French name. I'll keep a look-out in the future, though!
(btw I live in France, and adore watching rugby even though I don't understand the rules!):)

dunroving Feb 4th 2011 9:40 pm

Just watched the first one, very competitive and a great atmosphere. I won't spoil anyone's enjoyment by pre-empting the result, but for those of you who will be watching it later, it's well worth the watch. Good start to the series.

jaxslad Feb 4th 2011 9:57 pm

I fancy Ireland Tomoz.. Italy v Ireland - 2.30pm (Uk TV Time)

Bob Feb 4th 2011 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 9152994)
Just watched the first one, very competitive and a great atmosphere. I won't spoil anyone's enjoyment by pre-empting the result, but for those of you who will be watching it later, it's well worth the watch. Good start to the series.

Yeah, I thought it was a great bit of rugby from both sides.

Great start to building up the atmosphere too. Hope the other games continue with the quality.

Cape Blue Feb 5th 2011 1:06 am

Originally Posted by NSBlake (Post 9152489)
Very excited! Going to watch them on the TV via BBC iPlayer with plenty of beer! Dont know many brits around here to go to the pub with (found one that is showing it live) - and the ones I do know prefer football/soccer.....

what UK VPN are you using for iPlayer?

Jan Alaska Feb 5th 2011 3:42 pm

Pregame show on now ..... who are these people and why do we have to put up with subbuteo instead of highlights? .... arghhhhhh

Brat1 Feb 5th 2011 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 9152965)
Hi, I think I can see who you mean, but can't remember his name... I don't think he'll be playing in tomorrow's match, as the list of players doesn't include a non-French name. I'll keep a look-out in the future, though!
(btw I live in France, and adore watching rugby even though I don't understand the rules!):)

His names Kane Bentley and his 2 brothers also play, Anaru (Andrew) Bentley also plays in France, don't know if he plays for the french team and the other brother Valu plays somewhere in Manchester. Need to have a look and see if he's in the squad.