Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

help.. work visas..

help.. work visas..

Old Dec 10th 2002, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help.. work visas..

ok.. current predicament.. im currently in the states under the normal waiver visa.. the one you cant do anything on.. i have to go back to the uk january 31st.. i have the ticket, thats fine.. when i come back, which im hoping to be feb 10th or just after.. i need to have a work visa or one in process.. firstly.. what do i need to do with applying for visa.. have an employee willing to sponser, they just need info on how to.. if the paperwork is in process... can i come back to the states on a temp visa, or waiver visa? if so.. when my work visa is complete do i then just have that visa? im confused.. no sites make any sense to me.. need it basic.. make it clear in my head.. i moved to the states to be with my partner.. we are both female, so cant legally have the marriage visa, employment was the best bet.. considering studying was too expensive at this time.. just need to know what i can do, where im not going back and forth between the two countries.. but also have a visa that allows me to stay.. i need to be in the states for my birthday.. and to be with my current partner.. can anyone help? what can i do??
Old Dec 14th 2002, 2:07 am
Just Joined

Michael E. Piston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help.. work visas..

Whether you can get a work visa, and what type, depends entirely upon the type of job you have been offered and your qualifications.

If you want to fax my office a detailed description of the job you have been offered and your resume (C.V.) I will be happy to tell you, without charge, what type of visa (if any) you might qualify for.