Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help. What is Baltimore really like? My impression is only from The Wire.

Help. What is Baltimore really like? My impression is only from The Wire.

Old Oct 11th 2012, 12:08 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help. What is Baltimore really like? My impression is only from The Wire.

Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
Boston area was on the cards a few years ago. We went over to Framingham to check it all out (husband grew up on the coast just south of Boston so he knows what its like there). Husband confessed that he didn't think he could stomach the New England winters again. Luckily I didn't have to veto the move since he decided that the job role wasn't right for him. It seems he gets itchy feet every few years, so I'm just going to sit tight, not freak out and embrace whatever comes our way. After all, he's got a job for now so we're some of the lucky ones.
Framingham is also a shit hole of a town

Saying that though, it's a good location to get to from a host of other great neighbouring towns and it's not a bad town to work in.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

jackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help. What is Baltimore really like? My impression is only from The Wire.

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Framingham is also a shit hole of a town

Saying that though, it's a good location to get to from a host of other great neighbouring towns and it's not a bad town to work in.
I seem to remember thinking the same thing. We were researching housing in Wellesley though, which seemed much more appropriate.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:10 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
I seem to remember thinking the same thing. We were researching housing in Wellesley though, which seemed much more appropriate.
Aye, Sudbury, Holliston, Ashland, Wayland, Wellesley, even Natick, all pretty decent and close neighbouring with Rt 20/27/30/126 and I-90/95/495 all converging, unfortunately into one big car park