Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help wanted WW2!

Help wanted WW2!

Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Help wanted WW2!

Originally Posted by britvic
Dont you think people with Surnames like Himmler & Rommel changed there names after the War ? I mean I've never heard either of them name's now days.
WHAT?? You mean that everyone with the name "Hitler" changed their name to "Rommel" and vice versa after the war? Well I never knew that.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

I have no secrets, the name is Geiger actually.
That's okay - I now have a British surname.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
WHAT?? You mean that everyone with the name "Hitler" changed their name to "Rommel" and vice versa after the war? Well I never knew that.
will you shut up.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Kate Shufflebottom?
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

will you shut up.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

dont tell me it's Smith, right.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
That means that when you are dealing with people who make ignorant comments you do not lower yourself to their level in ignorance. IF you feel you must make a comeback then make an intelligent one. You can make a point without being argumentative and/or heavy handed. Logic wins out over emotion in that case.
Very good point Cindy. The OP asked for a "smart" reply - and rightly so. A smart reply would leave the bonehead you were talking to scratching his/her head and running to "Google" to understand your comment perhaps. You would get your revenge with some class.

A nasty stereotype, or defensive snap just lowers yourself to the level of the original person who ticked you off in the first place.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kate Shufflebottom?
No - though I will say that some of the British surnames in a recent research study I did just slayed me - my favorite was "Philpotts".

Mine is "Jeffery". It's a shame my husband's ancestors couldn't spell correctly, and that my children are destined to have issues with gender confusion - but oh well, it could certainly be worse - like Shufflebottom, right?

Last edited by Kaffy Mintcake; Sep 16th 2007 at 9:27 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

No - though I will say that some of the British surnames in a recent research study I did just slayed me - my favorite was "Philpotts".

Mine is "Jeffery". It's a shame my husband's ancestors couldn't spell correctly, and that my children are destined to have issues with gender confusion - but oh well, it could certainly be worse - like Shufflebottom, right?
Anglicised version of a French name I would imagine.

and Shufflebottom is my last name!!!!!:curse::curse:
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Could be! I know that side of my husband's family is from England - but who knows where they were before that.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

and Shufflebottom is my last name!!!!
Yeah, and I'm the Queen of England.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Now I dont believe that for one minute
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:35 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

More like smellybottom

Rob (aged 9)
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:42 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
More like smellybottom

Rob (aged 9)
ok boys break it up, and march yourselves directly to the headmasters office....
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:46 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Very good point Cindy. The OP asked for a "smart" reply - and rightly so. A smart reply would leave the bonehead you were talking to scratching his/her head and running to "Google" to understand your comment perhaps. You would get your revenge with some class.

A nasty stereotype, or defensive snap just lowers yourself to the level of the original person who ticked you off in the first place.
THANK GOD! Without going through this discussion again ( not unlike having a tooth pulled without novocaine), thank you, thank you, for understanding what I was trying to get across.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.