Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help - ultra confused!

Help - ultra confused!

Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:46 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help - ultra confused!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
IMHO the US healthcare system is great if you have good insurance coverage and do not have to count the $'s. The NHS is healthcare for everyone...whether they've paid into it or not. Although it offers a generally good service...there are also areas which leave much to be desired. Surgery for the elderly is one of them.
Yesterday, at the dentists, the hygenist was telling me that she has a blood disorder, an auto immune thing. Two years ago she had to have treatment for it which was a type of chemo, although not as severe as you might have for cancer treatment.
She had 1 treatment a week for 6 months. Each treatment was $7000.
Luckily she has the type of health insurance where everything is paid at 100%
What would happen if your health insurance only paid 80% of everything.
That's what scares me.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help - ultra confused!

Originally Posted by jumping doris
Yesterday, at the dentists, the hygenist was telling me that she has a blood disorder, an auto immune thing. Two years ago she had to have treatment for it which was a type of chemo, although not as severe as you might have for cancer treatment.
She had 1 treatment a week for 6 months. Each treatment was $7000.
Luckily she has the type of health insurance where everything is paid at 100%
What would happen if your health insurance only paid 80% of everything.
That's what scares me.
I've told the story before about my daughter's friend who had cancer...both parents had good healthcare but they were over $500,000 in debt after 3 1/2 yrs.