Reload this Page >

HELP with UK passport size photos

HELP with UK passport size photos

Old Jan 2nd 2014, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

bunzocgg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP with UK passport size photos

hi there,
we are new to the forum and been living in USA (PA) for almost a year...
I've only gone and lost my 4 yr olds UK passport which has USA visa stamped in....
I have all the forms for the replacement which is due soon anyway but if anyone can give advice as to how to obtain the correct size passport photos for the UK passport I'd be ever so grateful!

Many thanks!!
Dani
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 3:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP with UK passport size photos

Many US residents have success at Walgreen's.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 4:12 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Many US residents have success at Walgreen's.
Yes, off to my local one later this morning to get mine done to renew a UK passport.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 5:06 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

For my work visa paperwork, I cut mine down with a knife from a photo taken at home and printed on glossy photo paper. But I worked as an old-style compositor for a year. I'm very fussy.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

ycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really nice

USPS (post office) has the right size $17 you get 4. The exact actual size is on the passport forms. Like speedwell I too am very fussy!
Old Jan 13th 2014, 2:17 am
Just Joined

bunzocgg is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you all... heres hoping it wont be rejected...
Old Jan 28th 2014, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

olive1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im also trying to renew my UK passport from the US and this is the 1st time I have had to apply to Durham. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about whether I should cut the US sized photos down to size or not so I emailed the advice link on the UK Gov passport page.
This was my email:
"I am applying to renew my British passport from the USA.
I am able to have passport photos taken which meet the requirements stated in the application guidelines - that is that the distance from the crown of my head to my chin is 'at least 29mm and no more than 34mm' but because the photos are being taken in the USA the dimensions of the actual photo are slightly larger than the UK requirements.
Should I have the picture cut to 35mm x 45mm or should I submit the uncut photos?"
and this was the reply I received
"Thank you for your enquiry.
Photograph requirements for overseas applications are the same as those for UK applications. Detailed guidance can be found at https://www.gov.uk/ photos-for-passports
Thank you
Customer service e-mail team"
Obviously I had read the 'detailed guidance' before sending the email and hadn't found the information I was looking for. The link they sent me was broken. Does anyone have any experience submitting cut or uncut US sized photos since the relocation to Durham?
Old Jan 28th 2014, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

I sent mine uncut from Walgreens, I called last week to check the status and they said the passport was printing, so it seems like no problems.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for Walgreens, just tell them its for a UK passport and they know the right size and specs. Excellent service.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 6:17 pm
kp1
Just Joined

kp1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Walgreens ones work just fine. When you walk up to one of the printing kiosks and select passport photos, they have the option of selecting which country and have a list of several to choose from including UK.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

olive1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the advice, I live in the frozen north and the nearest Walgreens is a 100+ miles away so I took my own and used the passportphoto.com online service other folks have recommended, then from what I gather on this thread its better to submit the sheet of photos rather than cutting them up. heres hoping
Old Jan 28th 2014, 6:46 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olive1975
Thanks for all the advice, I live in the frozen north and the nearest Walgreens is a 100+ miles away so I took my own and used the passportphoto.com online service other folks have recommended, then from what I gather on this thread its better to submit the sheet of photos rather than cutting them up. heres hoping
I'm still in the UK but seem to be the family's passport application handler. I only cut the photos apart if I have to get one countersigned, and if/when I do cut them apart I leave the white border in place. We have never had an application returned for photo issues or otherwise.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

I used a countersignatory and just marked the corners of the photo with pencil on the back so she could say inside the borders of the pic.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

judesM is an unknown quantity at this point

I had success with Walgreens. The key is you need a photo tech who knows what they are doing. My expired passport was renewed with a walgreens photo no problem and quite quickly.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 8:12 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kp1
Walgreens ones work just fine. When you walk up to one of the printing kiosks and select passport photos, they have the option of selecting which country and have a list of several to choose from including UK.
Unfortunately not all Walgreens have those machine. Same have had them replaced with newer models which do not allow those options.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.