Reload this Page >

HELP - RWC coverage in Monterey, CA

HELP - RWC coverage in Monterey, CA

Old Oct 15th 2007, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Bruv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP - RWC coverage in Monterey, CA

Dear all

Quick cry for help, so please shout if you have any information.

I "have" to travel to Monterey, CA, this weekend, leaving my local boozer and friends back here in ATL to enjoy the RWC Final without me.

As this will be the first game of the RWC I may possibly miss, I am desperate to find a replacement establishment that will be showing the game. I have looked into all the Laptop/internet/etc options, but would really like to join some other fans watching the game, and have this as a back up option.

Does anyone out there in the Monterey area have any ideas of which bars may be showing the game. So far I have called The London Bridge, Britannia Arms & Knuckles Bar, all of whom said NO WAY!!

Thanks in advance for ANY leads you can provide
Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP - RWC coverage in Monterey, CA

check the sentana website, it should list the bars that have the service...

otherwise - http://www.myp2p.eu/index.htm
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:34 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Try the Muddy Duck

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/800950

But you very well may be watching on the Internet, or a road trip to SJC or even SFO to find a pub.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:40 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

The Setanta venue finder seems to say your nearest option is in Cupertino - 50 miles away in the Brittania Arms. Clearly a complete lack of discernment in Monterey! The other option is to check if your hotel has comcast and pay per view - it is on one of the channels, costs about $25.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Bruv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
The Setanta venue finder seems to say your nearest option is in Cupertino - 50 miles away in the Brittania Arms. Clearly a complete lack of discernment in Monterey! The other option is to check if your hotel has comcast and pay per view - it is on one of the channels, costs about $25.
Thanks all, really appreciate the help here. After seeking out the venue finder on Setanta, the nearest bar is the Britannia Arms in Cupertino... so it looks like I'm off on a road trip Saturday morning!!!!!!

Enjoy the game, and thanks again
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

tonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of light

Thats my local boozer, I may be there not sure yet though. 20 bucks entrance fee I believe.