Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help with removal of jurisdiction letter plz

Help with removal of jurisdiction letter plz

Old May 31st 2012, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Oregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant future
Default Help with removal of jurisdiction letter plz

My ex husband has finally agreed to allow me to immigrate to the US and take our three children with me.

Part of the deal is that any letter he signs for removing the children from here should be drawn up by my solicitor. Can anyone help me with what should be in this letter? I tried searching for examples but am struggling to find one.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 31st 2012, 3:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with removal of jurisdiction letter plz

Originally Posted by Oregon Bound View Post
My ex husband has finally agreed to allow me to immigrate to the US and take our three children with me.

Part of the deal is that any letter he signs for removing the children from here should be drawn up by my solicitor. Can anyone help me with what should be in this letter? I tried searching for examples but am struggling to find one.

Thanks in advance.
How about the simple fact?

I, (name), agree to allow my three children to immigrate permanently to the USA.
(insert each child's information...name, birthdate, whatever identifier they have).

Rene
Old May 31st 2012, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Oregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant futureOregon Bound has a brilliant future

As simple as that? YAY! thanks
Old May 31st 2012, 3:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

As simple as that? YAY! thanks
I'm no expert, and that was just a suggestion. See what your own solicitor says, I'm sure he'd know what to put in the letter, wouldn't he?

Rene
Old May 31st 2012, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

well it appears that my solicitors office are not sure EXACTLY what needs to be put. There doesn't seem to be any requirement for anything other than a letter saying my ex agrees.
Old May 31st 2012, 4:14 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't this a solicitor's job, to prepare an appropriate agreement?

Part of the deal is that any letter he signs for removing the children from here should be drawn up by my solicitor. Can anyone help me with what should be in this letter?
Perhaps you should be using a different solicitor? One who does know? Or perhaps a US immigration attorney, since the US immigration authorities are the target of the agreement?
well it appears that my solicitors office are not sure EXACTLY what needs to be put.
Regards, JEff
Old May 31st 2012, 5:38 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

well it appears that my solicitors office are not sure EXACTLY what needs to be put. There doesn't seem to be any requirement for anything other than a letter saying my ex agrees.
Something to this effect:-

I (name) give consent and permission for my children (name children with place and dates of birth) for whom I have parental responsibility to be removed from the jurisdiction of the English Courts*. I also give consent for such children to be removed from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and for them to permanently reside in the United States of America.

* I think you reside in England. If not put in the Scottish or Northern Ireland Courts as appropriate. If it Wales it is the English/Welsh Courts.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 2:51 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Extrapolating from California FAMILY law practice, I've seen written agreements between parents outlining custody and visitation arrangements -- these are called "parenting plans" -- I know they also exist in the UK, Canada and Australia. In fact, they are encouraged.

This is a sample from Australia.