Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help...Provisional File (Admin Processing) U.K. ?'s

Help...Provisional File (Admin Processing) U.K. ?'s

Old Sep 24th 2002, 5:17 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Paul E's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 90
Paul E is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help...Provisional File (Admin Processing) U.K. ?'s

I've received our approved I-129F for K3 visa yesterday in mail and e-mailed embassy in London regarding beginning of administrative processing (paperwork, etc).

Their e-mail says they require the original petition (which I can only assume is the one sent from the MSC to the Embassy in London) or the original I-797 (not a copy).

Recommendations anyone? Should I FedEx the only original approval notice that I have to try and expedite things??

What sort of time savings does anyone feel this might save?

Any and all recommendations are appreciated. We're trying to get interview for late October (with lots of luck, etc etc).

Paul E
Paul E is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2002, 6:29 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 130
Margueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really nice
Default Re: Help...Provisional File (Admin Processing) U.K. ?'s

Originally posted by Paul E:
I've received our approved I-129F for K3 visa yesterday in mail and e-mailed embassy in London regarding beginning of administrative processing (paperwork, etc).

Their e-mail says they require the original petition (which I can only assume is the one sent from the MSC to the Embassy in London) or the original I-797 (not a copy).

Recommendations anyone? Should I FedEx the only original approval notice that I have to try and expedite things??

What sort of time savings does anyone feel this might save?

Any and all recommendations are appreciated. We're trying to get interview for late October (with lots of luck, etc etc).

Paul E
Hi Paul,

Where can I find the email address for the Embassy in London please?

Marguerite
Margueriteuk is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2002, 6:36 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Paul E's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 90
Paul E is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help...Provisional File (Admin Processing) U.K. ?'s

Marguerite,

The address is

[email protected]

Paul
Paul E is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2002, 6:42 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 130
Margueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really nice
Default Re: Help...Provisional File (Admin Processing) U.K. ?'s

Originally posted by Paul E:
Marguerite,

The address is

[email protected]

Paul
Lovely jubbly

Marguerite
Margueriteuk is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2002, 8:19 pm
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 352
mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help...Provisional File (Admin Processing) U.K. ?'s

i was told all you had to send was a good copy of it, and they would accept that, I think i would be reluctant to send the original, but good luck, i think i read somewhere it will cut about 3 weeks off, so i hope it works for you, just send the paperwork back immediately and the interview will be scheduled for about 4 weeks depending on caseload, i just wish i was in that position, but good luck to you again.
mrsstrickland is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2002, 12:39 am
  #6  
Concierge
 
Rete's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 42,532
Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help...Provisional File (Admin Processing) U.K. ?'s

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:
i was told all you had to send was a good copy of it, and they would accept that, I think i would be reluctant to send the original, but good luck, i think i read somewhere it will cut about 3 weeks off, so i hope it works for you, just send the paperwork back immediately and the interview will be scheduled for about 4 weeks depending on caseload, i just wish i was in that position, but good luck to you again.
One word of caution for anyone sending the US Consulate in London their original I-797 approval, be sure you make copies of it and when you go for the interview request that they exchange the original for the copy. For K-1 recipients the original is needed for adjustment of status. Not sure if the same condition applies to K-3 recipients.

Rete
Rete is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2002, 9:47 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Paul E's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 90
Paul E is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help...Provisional File (Admin Processing) U.K. ?'s

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:
i was told all you had to send was a good copy of it, and they would accept that, I think i would be reluctant to send the original, but good luck, i think i read somewhere it will cut about 3 weeks off, so i hope it works for you, just send the paperwork back immediately and the interview will be scheduled for about 4 weeks depending on caseload, i just wish i was in that position, but good luck to you again.
Mrs. S.,

Well, their e-mail said only original. I'll take Rete's advice above and make copies and request the return of the original when the interview is scheduled

My wife is ready to get all the paperwork off straight away, once she receives it that is...LOL. Glad to hear possibly 4 weeks for interview.

You'll be in the position hopefully soon to Keep your chin up (although I know it's easier said than done) and keep me/us all informed...we're rooting for you!!!

Thanks,
Paul E
Paul E is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2002, 9:50 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Paul E's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 90
Paul E is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help...Provisional File (Admin Processing) U.K. ?'s

Originally posted by Rete:


One word of caution for anyone sending the US Consulate in London their original I-797 approval, be sure you make copies of it and when you go for the interview request that they exchange the original for the copy. For K-1 recipients the original is needed for adjustment of status. Not sure if the same condition applies to K-3 recipients.

Rete
Thanks Rete

Not sure if needed for AOS either.

Paul E
Paul E is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2002, 2:58 pm
  #9  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: London, UK
Posts: 27
nickson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help...Provisional File (Admin Processing) U.K. ?'s

Originally posted by Paul E:


Thanks Rete

Not sure if needed for AOS either.

Paul E
That is what we did...we were told to send in the original approval notice and the interview date would be scheduled. I sent it "Special Delivery" which requires a signature on arrival. It arrived on Sept 11 (so I was a little concerned the Embassy would be closed/or worse evacuated and no one would be there to receive it, but someone did sign for it). We received email confirmation of the interview date yesterday--the official letter should be waiting for us when we get home tonight. Danny's interview date is scheduled for 10/16/02 so it does look promising for you to get a date before the end of Oct. We stated that his departure flight is on Nov 1 in all correspondance with the Embassy.

Thanks for the tip, Rete, about asking for the original copy back...hadn't even thought about that!
nickson is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.