British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Help...Provisional File (Admin Processing) U.K. ?'s (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/help-provisional-file-admin-processing-u-k-s-111755/)

Paul E Sep 24th 2002 5:17 pm

Help...Provisional File (Admin Processing) U.K. ?'s

I've received our approved I-129F for K3 visa yesterday in mail and e-mailed embassy in London regarding beginning of administrative processing (paperwork, etc).

Their e-mail says they require the original petition (which I can only assume is the one sent from the MSC to the Embassy in London) or the original I-797 (not a copy).

Recommendations anyone? Should I FedEx the only original approval notice that I have to try and expedite things??

What sort of time savings does anyone feel this might save?

Any and all recommendations are appreciated. We're trying to get interview for late October (with lots of luck, etc etc).

Paul E

Margueriteuk Sep 24th 2002 6:29 pm

Re: Help...Provisional File (Admin Processing) U.K. ?'s

Originally posted by Paul E:
I've received our approved I-129F for K3 visa yesterday in mail and e-mailed embassy in London regarding beginning of administrative processing (paperwork, etc).

Their e-mail says they require the original petition (which I can only assume is the one sent from the MSC to the Embassy in London) or the original I-797 (not a copy).

Recommendations anyone? Should I FedEx the only original approval notice that I have to try and expedite things??

What sort of time savings does anyone feel this might save?

Any and all recommendations are appreciated. We're trying to get interview for late October (with lots of luck, etc etc).

Paul E

Hi Paul,

Where can I find the email address for the Embassy in London please?

Marguerite

Paul E Sep 24th 2002 6:36 pm

Marguerite,

The address is

[email protected]

Paul :)

Margueriteuk Sep 24th 2002 6:42 pm

Marguerite,

The address is

[email protected]

Paul :)

Lovely jubbly ;)

Marguerite

mrsstrickland Sep 24th 2002 8:19 pm

i was told all you had to send was a good copy of it, and they would accept that, I think i would be reluctant to send the original, but good luck, i think i read somewhere it will cut about 3 weeks off, so i hope it works for you, just send the paperwork back immediately and the interview will be scheduled for about 4 weeks depending on caseload, i just wish i was in that position, but good luck to you again.

Rete Sep 25th 2002 12:39 am

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:
i was told all you had to send was a good copy of it, and they would accept that, I think i would be reluctant to send the original, but good luck, i think i read somewhere it will cut about 3 weeks off, so i hope it works for you, just send the paperwork back immediately and the interview will be scheduled for about 4 weeks depending on caseload, i just wish i was in that position, but good luck to you again.

One word of caution for anyone sending the US Consulate in London their original I-797 approval, be sure you make copies of it and when you go for the interview request that they exchange the original for the copy. For K-1 recipients the original is needed for adjustment of status. Not sure if the same condition applies to K-3 recipients.

Rete

Paul E Sep 25th 2002 9:47 am

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:

Mrs. S.,

Well, their e-mail said only original. I'll take Rete's advice above and make copies and request the return of the original when the interview is scheduled:)

My wife is ready to get all the paperwork off straight away, once she receives it that is...LOL. Glad to hear possibly 4 weeks for interview.

You'll be in the position hopefully soon to :) Keep your chin up (although I know it's easier said than done) and keep me/us all informed...we're rooting for you!!!

Thanks,
Paul E

Paul E Sep 25th 2002 9:50 am

Originally posted by Rete:

One word of caution for anyone sending the US Consulate in London their original I-797 approval, be sure you make copies of it and when you go for the interview request that they exchange the original for the copy. For K-1 recipients the original is needed for adjustment of status. Not sure if the same condition applies to K-3 recipients.

Rete

Thanks Rete :)

Not sure if needed for AOS either.

Paul E

nickson Sep 25th 2002 2:58 pm

Thanks Rete :)

Not sure if needed for AOS either.

Paul E

That is what we did...we were told to send in the original approval notice and the interview date would be scheduled. I sent it "Special Delivery" which requires a signature on arrival. It arrived on Sept 11 (so I was a little concerned the Embassy would be closed/or worse evacuated and no one would be there to receive it, but someone did sign for it). We received email confirmation of the interview date yesterday--the official letter should be waiting for us when we get home tonight. Danny's interview date is scheduled for 10/16/02 so it does look promising for you to get a date before the end of Oct. We stated that his departure flight is on Nov 1 in all correspondance with the Embassy.

Thanks for the tip, Rete, about asking for the original copy back...hadn't even thought about that!