Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help please!!

Help please!!

Old Apr 24th 2002, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

gilliankennedy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help please!!

I have my interview next week - what I want to know is that last year my husband only made $2000 dollars as he could nt work as he was in england we didnt get married till june, then he was eligable to work, but we went back to the states in july till september for him to do a course in his career field - he then worked in england from oct - jan and went back to the states in feb and is now working -

the tax returns for 1999, 2000 are well above minimum wages needed, and he is currently on $30000+ do you think we will have a problem with the 2001 return???

Should i get his parents to joint sponser just in case it is needed??

Thanks

Sorry the message is so long
Old Apr 24th 2002, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help please!!

You should be fine, given that his current income is above the requirements, and that his last year's income was low for very good reason.

Saying that, it is a good idea to have a joint sponsor lined up. If the consular officer has doubts about your husband's income, you can whip out the co-sponsorship forms.

You may be able to co-sponsor yourself. I don't know the details, but I believe that if you have lived in the same household as the sponsor for at least six months, you are eligible.
Old Apr 24th 2002, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

gilliankennedy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help please!!

i cant co sponser as i myself have just finished university and am not currently in employment as i am waiting to go the states. hopefully it will be o.k., as we have a good reason

thanks for your help