Reload this Page >

Help Needed For The G325a Form For The K1 Visa

Help Needed For The G325a Form For The K1 Visa

Old May 8th 2002, 7:05 pm
abi
Forum Regular

abi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Needed For The G325a Form For The K1 Visa

Hi there, can anyone help me? My fiance and I are just starting the K1 fiance visa. He is just about to send off the I-129f petition (he is the US citizen). On the bio forms that we both have to fill in, at the bottom of the form it says in big bold black writing "applicants name and alien registration number". Well on my form I put my name and wrote "none" for the alien registration number as I dont have one yet. But for my fiance on his form, we are unsure what he puts on his form. Does he put his name or leave it blank? Or does he put my name?
Also, on the forms the INS sent him for the I-129f petition, they checked the box indicating that he needed to write me a letter of invitation and send it to me. This seems odd since we are getting married when I get there, it seems strange that he would be required to send me a letter inviting me to the US. Did anyone else have to do that for their fiance visa? Please advise!
Old May 8th 2002, 7:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Needed For The G325a Form For The K1 Visa

The thick outlined box is not to be completed by either of you but is for INS use. It should say that there.

The letter you are talking about is not a letter of invitation but a letter of intent. INS needs one original letter with original signature from BOTH of you. The letter should state that you are free to marry and intend to do so. If you have a wedding date picked out you can but that in.

May I suggest you read the FAQ site for the K-1 visa listed after my name and from this point onward to to marriage visa forum on this site for your questions and answers.
Old May 11th 2002, 6:20 pm
Shelley

I didn't see the K-1 FAQ link on Rita's post - Here are a few sites you can get lots
of details and information from http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm Take Care. Shelley

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The thick outlined box is not to be completed by either of you but is for INS use.
    > It should say that there.
    >
    > The letter you are talking about is not a letter of invitation but a letter of
    > intent. INS needs one original letter with original signature from BOTH of you. The
    > letter should state that you are free to marry and intend to do so. If you have a
    > wedding date picked out you can but that in.
    >
    > May I suggest you read the FAQ site for the K-1 visa listed after my name and from
    > this point onward to to marriage visa forum on this site for your questions and
    > answers.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 3rd 2002, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

joannemottram is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

On the bottom of the form there is a question asking what the form is in relation to " Naturalisation", "Status as perm resident" or "Other"

I have read that the petitioner has to check the Other box and specify K1 visa, the word petitioner is confusing me a little, as my US fiance is technically the petitioner.

Would I check Other also, or would i check Status as perm res?

Hope this doesnt sound too stupid a question but we are both unsure about this and its the only thing thats holding our petition up.

Thanks

Jo