Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help with Medical Insurance Cover...

Help with Medical Insurance Cover...

Old Aug 15th 2003, 5:18 pm
JAM
Just Joined

JAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with Medical Insurance Cover...

Guys

My husband and I are here on B1/B2 visas and will be using the US as a base for the next year. We are living in Nevada and cannot find anyone who will give us medical cover as we are not US residents and have not been here for a year. My gut feel is that it is simply that Nevada does not have any expats and that other states may be able to help us out but...

Can anyone please advise of good insurers who may be able to build us a medical policy?

Many thanks
Old Aug 15th 2003, 5:36 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with Medical Insurance Cover...

Originally posted by JAM
Guys

My husband and I are here on B1/B2 visas and will be using the US as a base for the next year. We are living in Nevada and cannot find anyone who will give us medical cover as we are not US residents and have not been here for a year. My gut feel is that it is simply that Nevada does not have any expats and that other states may be able to help us out but...

Can anyone please advise of good insurers who may be able to build us a medical policy?

Many thanks
try Fortis, a Nationwide company that deals through State Farm. They have temporary insurance policies for upto 185 days.
1-888-853-3267
I am pretty sure they'll take your money off you.

Also Basic Hospital Income policies are not health policies, do pay you upto $500 for each ER visit and are better than nothing.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

malinae is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help with Medical Insurance Cover...

Hi Jam,

Just an idea - not sure if this works for you:

As far as I know the B2 Visa is a tourist Visa?! I am not sure which country you're originally from but from e.g. Germany you can get a health insurance only for the United States for a whole year if you are there as a tourist. It costs around 30 Euros for the whole year.
You can sign for it online with various insurances and can have it paid with your bank account.

Maybe that helps a little at least or it might be something to consider

Enjoy your stay

Originally posted by JAM
Guys

Many thanks
Old Aug 15th 2003, 7:24 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Malinae, you may find it impossible to find someone in the states to cover you as you have no SSN and you are here on tourist visas, not residents. You should get holiday insurance from your home country.

Patrick