Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help! Medical Going wrong

Help! Medical Going wrong

Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Medical Going wrong

Any chance of finding a place that caters to minorities? They might be a cheaper option for a check up, certainly when looking for a civil surgeon on the approved list at least....good luck
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickybrit
I had the x-ray done here in USA and the next one this Friday if thats the same,
I will most probably go back to England and get my tests done, and start the immigration all over again.
PLEASE get further advice before you do this, especially if your last entry to the US was on the VWP.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Any chance of finding a place that caters to minorities? They might be a cheaper option for a check up, certainly when looking for a civil surgeon on the approved list at least....good luck

I don't think you mean it the way you wrote it. I think you are telling him to look for a health clinic which was set up to help those without insurance and/or money to pay full medical costs. You don't have to be a minority to fit that description.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I don't think you mean it the way you wrote it. I think you are telling him to look for a health clinic which was set up to help those without insurance and/or money to pay full medical costs. You don't have to be a minority to fit that description.
Aye, well yes, you don't have to be a minority, but those clinics do tend to be found in minority areas, certainly around here at least
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

nadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to all

I had the x-ray done here in USA and the next one this Friday if thats the same,
I will most probably go back to England and get my tests done, and start the immigration all over again.

i meant doctors compare previous x rays. have u ever had a chest x ray in england?
Old May 1st 2008, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

mickybrit will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nadnad
i meant doctors compare previous x rays. have u ever had a chest x ray in england?
Well the doctor insists I take the cat scan, hes not interested in a second x-ray, he wants to know what the shadow is and if its cancer he wants to know what I'm going to do about it. Got my cat scan booked for next Tuesday.
Old May 1st 2008, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck then in any case. I'm sure we'll all be keeping our fingers crossed for you.
Old May 1st 2008, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, best of luck.

I'm sure it's scary (I sure would think so if it were me!) but there are many many things it can be besides cancer, and many that are not at all serious. I'll be hoping that is the case for you.
Old May 1st 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
Good luck then in any case. I'm sure we'll all be keeping our fingers crossed for you.
Thankyou verymuch
Old May 1st 2008, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tracym
Yes, best of luck.

I'm sure it's scary (I sure would think so if it were me!) but there are many many things it can be besides cancer, and many that are not at all serious. I'll be hoping that is the case for you.
Thankyou, I'm not worried at the moment, I dont show any signs of lung cancer, but you never know.
Old May 1st 2008, 6:44 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

good luck - hope it was just a fidget!
Old May 1st 2008, 7:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou, I'm not worried at the moment, I dont show any signs of lung cancer, but you never know.

I'm relatively use to dealing with the scaremonger called "cancer" which is what everyone likes to hint that the shadows and blobs seen on your xrays and mammos are. Been there, done that, and will probably do it again

That a hint from from a pro at this wait time business. Get on with your life, live each day as you normally do, and deal with the outcome when the outcome is known. You already know what you would do if you test positive and what you will do if you test negative. So the decision is already made. Don't get caught up on the ifs, whats and whens.
Old May 2nd 2008, 3:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm relatively use to dealing with the scaremonger called "cancer" which is what everyone likes to hint that the shadows and blobs seen on your xrays and mammos are. Been there, done that, and will probably do it again

That a hint from from a pro at this wait time business. Get on with your life, live each day as you normally do, and deal with the outcome when the outcome is known. You already know what you would do if you test positive and what you will do if you test negative. So the decision is already made. Don't get caught up on the ifs, whats and whens.
I fully agree with you Rete. My motto is 'I'm not gonna worry until the doctors tell me there's something to worry about...even then it's not gonna change anything'.