Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

help me convince my hubby.....

help me convince my hubby.....

Old May 3rd 2005, 8:37 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help me convince my hubby.....

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Yes, but it is mentioned in movies such as Wayne's World ("Let's all go to ..... Milwaukee") and Love Actually.

Almost as glamorous as Hollywood.
Are you on crack too?

NC Penguin
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Are you on crack too?

NC Penguin
I must be, are Liverpool really in the Champions League final?
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:07 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: help me convince my hubby.....

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I must be, are Liverpool really in the Champions League final?

Yes....just watched the match on ESPN2....
Old May 4th 2005, 2:26 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Also the lack of interest in CA.

NC Penguin

Yeah I'm in Minnesota this week... its 28f :scared: Woodsey and the kids on the other hand are at home in the pool. Plus no-one says "Oh yah !" and "okey dokey" and "for Petes sake " and " is that your buddy in the wood chipper there ? " in CA. On the other hand good cheese, beer and bread
Old May 4th 2005, 2:52 am
ImHere

What is this? A "We hate Florida" Thread? I know it sucks a lot but come on...isnt it where every starry eyed Brit with the sniff of pina coladas and the hint of the swimming pool wish to come to laze out their days amid the Palmettos and the Sawgrass? I'll remind you lot of the Florida Bashing next winter when your all under 15 foot of snow and im on the beach....once I've finished repairng this years hurricane damage that is.

Old May 4th 2005, 2:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ImHere
What is this? A "We hate Florida" Thread? .
nah just you .......... hows it going dibble ?
Old May 4th 2005, 3:13 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by Eskimo
nah just you .......... hows it going dibble ?

Nothing to see here....move along now thats a good chap.

Work is...work. Weathers hot. Kids and missus arguing. Roads full of living dead extras out to kill me. And busy stocking up on hurricane supplies - tarpaulins, water, canned goods, extra shotgun shells that kinda thing. Other than that fine matey....hows tricks on t'West coast?

Last edited by ImHere; May 4th 2005 at 3:17 am.

Old May 4th 2005, 3:16 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Other than that fine matey....hows tricks on t'West coast?
One can only assume you didn't read post #34, then?
Old May 4th 2005, 3:16 am
Account Closed

Other than that fine matey....hows tricks on t'West coast?

Im in the Midwest this week - so cold and lonely - hows your little ray of sunshine coping these days ? when I've calmed down (about 3 weeks from now) I'll tell you about last weeks school visit.. grrr those pesky kids
Old May 4th 2005, 3:19 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Im in the Midwest this week - so cold and lonely - hows your little ray of sunshine coping these days ? when I've calmed down (about 3 weeks from now) I'll tell you about last weeks school visit.. grrr those pesky kids

Aah yeah. Ive just read back and noticed. Well its nice and warm here. Aah actually we've had a good week this week. No major "discussions" with school so far, but then it is only tuesday.... Aaaaahh, eew that sounds like it was fun...... Sounds like cold and lonely in th emid-west is a good place to be at the moment.

Old May 4th 2005, 3:19 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by syllk
One can only assume you didn't read post #34, then?

Your're drunk and imagining things.

Old May 4th 2005, 3:39 am
Account Closed

Aah yeah. Ive just read back and noticed. Well its nice and warm here. Aah actually we've had a good week this week. No major "discussions" with school so far, but then it is only tuesday.... Aaaaahh, eew that sounds like it was fun...... Sounds like cold and lonely in th emid-west is a good place to be at the moment.
shes actually in a good mood tonight - wants to go shopping with her mum and stuff tomorrow - I think shes prepping us as her school report is due Thursday :scared:
Old May 4th 2005, 4:48 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Work is...work. Weathers hot. Kids and missus arguing. Roads full of living dead extras out to kill me. And busy stocking up on hurricane supplies - tarpaulins, water, canned goods, extra shotgun shells that kinda thing. Other than that fine matey....hows tricks on t'West coast?
Good heavens! How long have you lived here???...

One only stocks up on hurricane supplies two hrs before the very first one is announced as being 2 miles offshore! with the rest of the state
Old May 4th 2005, 5:55 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Why do so many Brits move to CA or FL? If you're trying to escape the high cost of living, why the **** move to CA?! (assuming you wish to own your own home in your lifetime, the cemetery plots are probably affordable)

If you just want warm, there are *plenty* of year-round warm spots. Yes, there are rednecks and conservatives but you've got those in spades in FL too.

The *only* thing I can think of is that British companies with American offices are concentrated in those two states. CA I could believe; NY I could believe, but FL?!
Old May 4th 2005, 11:32 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Why do so many Brits move to CA or FL? If you're trying to escape the high cost of living, why the **** move to CA?! (assuming you wish to own your own home in your lifetime, the cemetery plots are probably affordable)

If you just want warm, there are *plenty* of year-round warm spots. Yes, there are rednecks and conservatives but you've got those in spades in FL too.

The *only* thing I can think of is that British companies with American offices are concentrated in those two states. CA I could believe; NY I could believe, but FL?!

Actually we came here because of work but the main reason FL is full of Brits is because they come to Orlando on vacation then decide there and then they MUST sell everything up and live here since its simply just such a perfect paradise where everyone is smiling and happy and the skies are always sunny and theres no crime or any nasty things at all. I am not making this up it. So many fall for the Disney version of the American Dream its unreal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.