Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help with journey: San to Philadelphia

Help with journey: San to Philadelphia

Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help with journey: San to Philadelphia

Any help and suggestions for me?

I've been invited to a wedding in Philadelphia in two weeks' time (Sat 26 Sept) in Springfield, Philadelphia 19064

I'm planning on flying from San Diego, and was wondering what the best, almost cheapest way would be?

ie Cheap flights to somewhere nearby-ish and then a train or hire-car to Philadelphia?

I was thinking of travelling on the Thursday or Friday, and then returning on Monday 28 Sept.

Secondly.....any accommodation ideas? Cheap and cheerful would be fine!

Thanks!!
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with journey: San to Philadelphia

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc

I've been invited to a wedding in Philadelphia in two weeks' time (Sat 26 Sept) in Springfield, Philadelphia 19064

I'm planning on flying from San Diego, and was wondering what the best, almost cheapest way would be?

ie Cheap flights to somewhere nearby-ish and then a train or hire-car to Philadelphia?

I was thinking of travelling on the Thursday or Friday, and then returning on Monday 28 Sept.

Thanks!!
I would think you're best flying into Philly. An alternative is Newark, NJ but then you'd have a couple of hours drive to Philly...or you could take the train.

TBH I would fly into Philly...less hassle.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:36 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Flying into Philly really looks like your best bet. You could probably cab over there judging from Google maps as it is so close.

Your other option would be Southwest Airlines to Baltimore (BWI) and then taking an Amtrak train up to Philly Airport (I think they have a stop there). But I'd be shocked if the fare+train would be cheaper than a fare to Philly. USAir is a hub in Philly so you might check their website directly.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Just fly into Philly sweetie, the airport is only 5 mins from Springfield. I lived in Springfield for 11 years. As for cheap and cheerful accommodation, you could try the Media Inn, it is not bad, it is in Media, just 2 mins from Springfield. There are a bunch of hotels by the airport as well, or further up in Ridley there is a red roof etc there by the Dennys. Enjoy, Philly this time of year is ace.

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc

Thanks!!
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much!!