Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help Frankfurt- Washington - Los Angeles - TOMMOROW !!!

Help Frankfurt- Washington - Los Angeles - TOMMOROW !!!

Old Mar 24th 2006, 7:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Frankfurt- Washington - Los Angeles - TOMMOROW !!!

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
My closest international airport is Montreal but can never find decent prices through there. Care to share any handy tips for cheapo flights?
errr...whenever I do a search I just bung in that airport and it often comes up with flights that can be around $200 cheaper than Boston, and even more cheaper with stop-overs in Iceland, can get a massive saving especially if your willing to spend a night in Iceland, a mate a couple years ago got a ticket for around $200 in summer, included the nights kip in the airport hotel....though getting that kind of deal will be a bit of luck.

Another one is flying into Milan via London and not taking the connecting flight, I've seen that option and it would have saved a lot, just have to say when you get the ticket you don't want the connecting flight....
Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:28 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Another one is flying into Milan via London and not taking the connecting flight, I've seen that option and it would have saved a lot, just have to say when you get the ticket you don't want the connecting flight....
Not a good idea if you're planning to return on a ticket from Milan - London - US.

If you don't take the London-Milan connection on arrival your return itinerary will usually be cancelled by the airline..
Old Mar 24th 2006, 9:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Not a good idea if you're planning to return on a ticket from Milan - London - US.

If you don't take the London-Milan connection on arrival your return itinerary will usually be cancelled by the airline..
I know that, but I said look for flights that go on to connect to cities like Milan, but ask not to get the connecting bit of the flight....I had the option of doing that a while back, but while I was flapping around checking other agents, well the one next door, some arsehole got the last ticket *lol*...would have saved £180. It was listed as a connecting flight so had to check the details because it came up as a Boston to Milan flight, so wasn't pulled up on the first check, even though it stopped off in London.