Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help Frankfurt- Washington - Los Angeles - TOMMOROW !!!

Help Frankfurt- Washington - Los Angeles - TOMMOROW !!!

Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:17 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Help Frankfurt- Washington - Los Angeles - TOMMOROW !!!

G´day folks.....Im going to fly to LA tomorrow via Washington. I have to swap planes in washington and I have 2 hours and 15 minutes between arrival and departure of the LA flight....is that enough time ? Do I have to check in again in washington or will they give me the boardingpass for washington - LA in frankfurt already ? Im flying United Airlines....I hope this is not too confusing....Im stressing out a little as I dont wanna get stuck in washington.....HELP PLEASE :-) Has anyone done this before ?
Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:27 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Frankfurt- Washington - Los Angeles - TOMMOROW !!!

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
G´day folks.....Im going to fly to LA tomorrow via Washington. I have to swap planes in washington and I have 2 hours and 15 minutes between arrival and departure of the LA flight....is that enough time ? Do I have to check in again in washington or will they give me the boardingpass for washington - LA in frankfurt already ? Im flying United Airlines....I hope this is not too confusing....Im stressing out a little as I dont wanna get stuck in washington.....HELP PLEASE :-) Has anyone done this before ?
In the US you have to collect your bags and take them through security again - i believe that you will also recheck in in washington and receive your new boarding pass there
Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
In the US you have to collect your bags and take them through security again - i believe that you will also recheck in in washington and receive your new boarding pass there
Aye, that's what'll happen generally....so 2 hours could be cutting it a bit fine because US immigration and customs are generally a bunch of muppets and take forever....but at least you can now carry nail clippers
Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:31 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, that's what'll happen generally....so 2 hours could be cutting it a bit fine because US immigration and customs are generally a bunch of muppets and take forever....but at least you can now carry nail clippers
that is EXACTLY what I wanted to avoid....
Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:37 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

that is EXACTLY what I wanted to avoid....
Oh, and they won't give a toss if you have a connecting flight to make - happened to me last year at newark and i didn't even come close to making my flight - i was in a queue waiting to leave the baggage reclaim hll when my flight left
Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:43 pm
Melbourne Rock City

Oh, and they won't give a toss if you have a connecting flight to make - happened to me last year at newark and i didn't even come close to making my flight - i was in a queue waiting to leave the baggage reclaim hll when my flight left
awesome....what happens next ? Is it a hassle to get another flight ? does that depend on the airline ? Fu**....thats my worst nightmare....
Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

awesome....what happens next ? Is it a hassle to get another flight ? does that depend on the airline ? Fu**....thats my worst nightmare....
you don't wanna hear this but you're ****ed unless everything is perfect (and youre flying with United ) You will have pick up bags , pass through immigration , recheck bags and then get to your next flight. Here is why we never connect anymore

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=16
Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:57 pm
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by Eskimo
you don't wanna hear this but you're ****ed unless everything is perfect (and youre flying with United ) You will have pick up bags , pass through immigration , recheck bags and then get to your next flight. Here is why we never connect anymore

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=16

unreal.....cant wait for the trip to start.....my travel agent said that I DO NOT have to pick up bags in washington....any chance this might be true ?
Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:58 pm
Thinking about it

I flew with continental that time and newark was their hub.
Lucky they had regular flights to my destination and i evben had to rush to make the next available as the w***ers sent me to zecondary screening.

Oh, nd interestingly that's 3 out of my lst 5 flights where i have been "randomly" selected for secondary screening
Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:59 pm
Thinking about it

unreal.....cant wait for the trip to start.....my travel agent said that I DO NOT have to pick up bags in washington....any chance this might be true ?
None whatsoever - its a security thing apparently thoguh i don't understand it myself
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:00 pm
Account Closed

sorry you have to walk em through immigration mate
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

Oh, nd interestingly that's 3 out of my lst 5 flights where i have been "randomly" selected for secondary screening
aint that the truth - I used to get it all the bloody time
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Hubby was over in 92 and they checked bags through then. I came over in 97 for the first time and they'd changed the rules. Pick up at first point of arrival and then re-check them through.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

BA usually help you get through there lines pretty quickly if they know your in a connecting flight...doesn't help with immigration nor customs though...
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

There is not fast track for connecting flights like with heathrow etc, over here, you have to go through immigration, get your bags and re-check them in and go through it all again....and with size of airport, time of getting bags, which takes and age...and if like me, finding a bog, you'll be on tight rope...but not much help to you now that you have your ticket I'm afraid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.