Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help Elvira!!! Interim EAD after 90 days?

Help Elvira!!! Interim EAD after 90 days?

Old Apr 26th 2006, 1:56 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help Elvira!!! Interim EAD after 90 days?

I asked this in the Immigration forums, but got no replies... Do any of you guys have any knowledge or experience of renewing EADs? TIA!

I understand that one can ask for an interim EAD if the approval does not come through within 90 days.

Can anyone tell me whether a renewal would normally be granted on the spot, more or less automatically, if one makes an Infopass appointment at one's local CIS?

What problems, if any, could arise?

If anyone could share their experiences I'd be grateful!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 3:20 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Elvira!!! Interim EAD after 90 days?

Originally Posted by Elvira
I asked this in the Immigration forums, but got no replies... Do any of you guys have any knowledge or experience of renewing EADs? TIA!

I understand that one can ask for an interim EAD if the approval does not come through within 90 days.

Can anyone tell me whether a renewal would normally be granted on the spot, more or less automatically, if one makes an Infopass appointment at one's local CIS?

Anyone - please??

My son can't be the only one who's ever had to renew his EAD, surely.

I'm going nuts here!! (Yes, I know - what's new... )
Old Apr 26th 2006, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Did ya search the US Visas and US Immigration forums for similar past threads? Did ya?
Old Apr 26th 2006, 3:30 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by Celsius
Did ya search the US Visas and US Immigration forums for similar past threads? Did ya?
Yes dear. And I asked there too...
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Find out when your local office gives them out, go down there as early as you can, get in the line, give them a copy of your application wait around until they call your name, get your fingerprints and a picture taken, wait around a bit more until they give you your card. At least that's what it was like for me.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:29 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Find out when your local office gives them out, go down there as early as you can, get in the line, give them a copy of your application wait around until they call your name, get your fingerprints and a picture taken, wait around a bit more until they give you your card. At least that's what it was like for me.
I told you elsewhere .. make an infopass appointment and go get it ...
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:50 am
Homebody

He had his biometrics apointment nearly 3 months ago.

No sign of his EAD though. That's why I am so worried. Just don't know what's going on.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:51 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by Ray
I told you elsewhere .. make an infopass appointment and go get it ...

Ray - I know that is how it's supposed to work. But Rene reports that this is now apparantly a rare occurrence. I'm trying to find out any further information - grasping at straws I suppose, but my son is so angry and upset because after nealry 5 years here we are still having all this hassle and he may lose his job...
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

He had his biometrics apointment nearly 3 months ago.

No sign of his EAD though. That's why I am so worried. Just don't know what's going on.
No, that's what I did to get an interim one. They take everything again to put on a temp card right there and then, the fingerprints go directly on the card. He'll get the other one later on as well.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:53 am
Homebody

No, that's what I did to get an interim one. They take everything again to put on a temp card right there and then. He'll get the other one later on as well.

Are you saying you went there without an appointment and even though you had already done your biometrics prior to that?

What bloody chaos!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 4:59 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ray - I know that is how it's supposed to work. But Rene reports that this is now apparantly a rare occurrence. I'm trying to find out any further information - grasping at straws I suppose, but my son is so angry and upset because after nealry 5 years here we are still having all this hassle and he may lose his job...
Well you never will find out unless you try ...
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you saying you went there without an appointment and even though you had already done your biometrics prior to that?

What bloody chaos!
Yes. I called up the unhelp line number, asked how to get an interim one, they told me my local office gave them out on Tuesdays between 8 and 1 but you couldn't schedule and infopass to get it. I went down there with the hundreds of other people, lined up and got a temp one. They had a seperate window just dealing with them and it was backdated to when my old one expired. Who knows if it works the same way at each office but it's worth a shot to find out.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:00 am
Ray

What bloody chaos!
You won't get in without an appointment ...now especially in CA
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:23 am
Homebody

Yes. I called up the unhelp line number, asked how to get an interim one, they told me my local office gave them out on Tuesdays between 8 and 1 but you couldn't schedule and infopass to get it. I went down there with the hundreds of other people, lined up and got a temp one. They had a seperate window just dealing with them and it was backdated to when my old one expired. Who knows if it works the same way at each office but it's worth a shot to find out.

(sigh)

Thanks.

I have made an Infopass appointment.

Wish me luck.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

(sigh)

Thanks.

I have made an Infopass appointment.

Wish me luck.
Break a leg (or whatever the operatic equivalent is)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.