Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

help with divorce papers

help with divorce papers

Old Jan 20th 2006, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute
Default help with divorce papers

UK divorce
section 1 of form D8 requires a name, the guide says give the full name of your husband or wife at the time of the marriage... does anyone know if this refers to her maiden name or the name she took on that day (my name) ??

thanks in advance.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 6:02 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: help with divorce papers

Looking at the form and, IIRC, it would be the married name, e.g.

Rosie Miggins was lawfully married to
Johnny Miggins at Some Register Office, Sometown

as (1a) asks you to state whether the name of the petitioner, (you) has/has not changed and (1b) says that the petitioner believes that since the date of the marriage the name of the respondent has/has not changed.

Bearing in mind that it's a few years since I did my own divorce I could well stand corrected on this though.

Strangely enough, the only real detail I remember about filling in this form was the obsessive use of a ruler in order to get my writing straight and also to rule out the bits that weren't applicable, (even remember it saying about those things in the guide that came with the divorce application).

Did you order the form(s) from the court? If so then they should have a decent guide that, for the most part, is really useful.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help with divorce papers

I got it online with the guide. the guide only has the text I repeated above regarding this section tho.

I'll use the married name, thats what I thought it would be .

thanks