Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help! Cheap flights to London in August?

Help! Cheap flights to London in August?

Old Jun 25th 2003, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

adamandfiona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help! Cheap flights to London in August?

We have to fly back to London in mid August for a best friend's wedding. I've been looking on various travel and airline websites and the going rate seems to be about $800 before taxes. I know August is high season but it seems ridiculous, considering my Sister just visited here for 300 quid round trip!

We live on the Florida Panhandle so can fly from Atlanta, Tampa or Orlando. Does anyone know of any tour operators/websites where you can get discounted flights? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Fiona
Old Jun 25th 2003, 7:30 pm
Here and Loving it

mark19964 is an unknown quantity at this point

try e-bookers.com or travelocity.com, there the cheapest I know of

regards - Mark
Old Jun 25th 2003, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

catswhiskers is an unknown quantity at this point

Believe me, there is no such thing as cheap fares between the UK and US in August. It is the most expensive month and I have spent hours looking to see if I can find anything remotely cheap! As you are in the US you could try priceline.com (you can now state you want to fly direct which cuts out any changes). The cheapest I found to fly from Gatwick to Philly is £440 on US Airways through netflights but this I think is UK based.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 8:34 pm
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

www.expedia.com
Old Jun 26th 2003, 8:11 am
Here and Loving it

mark19964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by catswhiskers
Believe me, there is no such thing as cheap fares between the UK and US in August. It is the most expensive month and I have spent hours looking to see if I can find anything remotely cheap! As you are in the US you could try priceline.com (you can now state you want to fly direct which cuts out any changes). The cheapest I found to fly from Gatwick to Philly is £440 on US Airways through netflights but this I think is UK based.

Catswhiskers is right,

I tried everyone I know and her prices are right, Just for example I found LGW to PHL direct flight on American inc taxes £461, same flight Sept will cost you £234 !!

Only exception to rule would be courier flights if you can get them over there from where your coming from.

Regards - Mark
Old Jun 26th 2003, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

catswhiskers is an unknown quantity at this point

Expedia is not cheap!

Believe me guys, I have flown to the US (Baltimore 5 times and Philly twice) since the beginning of February. In Feb it was £190 and yes, in September the price comes down dramatically again. I am going over again in August to Philly and I actually found it for £424 this morning through www.airlinenetwork.co.uk

Every on-line travel company are quoting very low prices to the US but this is for November travel. I have done my homework on all the websites.