Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help - catch 22 situation

Help - catch 22 situation

Old Jan 1st 2002, 6:34 pm
Ira

Hi, I am in a difficult situation with my outstanding researcher GC petition, and I
would greatly appreciate your help or advice.

INS requested me to send as additional evidence a copy of an official permanent job
offer from my university. In fact, INS officer askes for impossible, because my
university cannot offer me permanent position for the folowing reasons. The only
really permanent positions in universities are tenures, and tenures are offered only
to permanent residents. Research Associates as me are always employed for duration of
their visa status and the positions are renewed on an annual basis.

My university sent a letter to INS (along with initial I-140) where it is stated that
I am employer full time and that my employment will be extended in the unlimited
future, because it is only limited by availability of financing which is in fact also
unlimited due to the fact that in the past it has been proven that financial support
for the university laboratories is always provided in a form of grants, etc.

What should I do? Has someone been in a similar situation and how did you solve the
problem? Thouzands of Research Associates were approved for GC in the past with
support letters as described above, and I don't understand why my reviewing officer
is not satisfied with it?

I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you. Ira

Please respond to the group or directly to [email protected]