Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help All Bri|tish Texans Sos!!!

Help All Bri|tish Texans Sos!!!

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 12:34 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help All Bri|tish Texans Sos!!!

Originally posted by DaveC

Also, there is a British Food Store in Grapevine (which I haven't been to yet).
http://www.british-emporium.com/
I have! I was there a week ago, it was fantastic, my daughter and I were in heaven there! They had everything we wanted, and more besides. I would definitely go back.

Debbie

PS I liked it so much, I took a photo:-
Attached Thumbnails Help All Bri|tish Texans Sos!!!-british-emporium.jpg  
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dbark
I have! I was there a week ago, it was fantastic, my daughter and I were in heaven there! They had everything we wanted, and more besides. I would definitely go back.

Debbie

PS I liked it so much, I took a photo:-
OMG they have Aunt Bessie!!! Why oh why is this only in the Godforsaken State of Texas???
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 1:12 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AmerLisa
OMG they have Aunt Bessie!!! Why oh why is this only in the Godforsaken State of Texas???
Well something decent had to happen to them sooner or later.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Well something decent had to happen to them sooner or later.
True. But, this is the State I told my husband I wouldn't move to for anything. Well I'm still pretty serious about that. I've lived in Texas, its like living on another planet.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 1:39 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah bollocks to all you State-snobs

We're here in Texas, and we love it!

Sure, you have to avoid the churches and dodge the bullets, but it's a great, cheap place to live.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by dbj1000

Sure, you have to avoid the churches and dodge the bullets, but it's a great, cheap place to live.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dbj1000

Here,here,

....and you forgot to mention how everything is BIGGER here as well
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by Sugarmooma
Here,here,

....and you forgot to mention how everything is BIGGER here as well
Been there done that and got the damn t-shirt. The only thing I could find BIGGER were the narrow minds and the bugs.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

astroman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by LAL
We are in Texas (houston at the mo) but we'll be travelling around for the next couple of weeks and the baby has drank all her Ribena YIKES!!!:scared: We have tried with just water, but she doesn't drink half quarter what she should ( I could kill my mother for flavouring her water now!!!), we found some Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant at an outrageous price in Publix supermarket chain in Florida but I cant seem find any in Texas!!! AGGGHHHH!! Any suggestions for replacement drinks or sightings of ribena or robinsons blackcurrant in texan supermarkets would be greatly appreciated to quench the thirst of a soon to be dehydrated 18 month old scumbag!!!At the mo we are trying her with hawaiian punch the kiwi and strawberry flavour she seems to like it but it is very green and I am worried about additives and hyperactivity for an already hyperactive child!!!
Cheers

LAL and Nellie the ribena guzzler XXXX
Hi you can check Fiesta supermarket stores around houston they have an international food section and often have Ribena. If not the British Isles shop on Rice blvd in the Village sells all types of British products including Ribena. There is also a store in old town spring called the Little Dutch Girl they sell a number of Dutch versions of drinking syrup which our little monkies seem to like
Old Jul 24th 2004, 3:01 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dbark
IPS I liked it so much, I took a photo:-
Thanks for the pic that'll be a useful navigational aid when we finally go. We were half thinking of going last week as we were over at a title company in Southlake closing on our house. Once we got the keys we were too excited to go shopping!